Hey,
My name is Paul and im looking for a new amp.
i have about 400 euros to spend,
ive found some amps myself,:
line 6 spider 75 Watt
Jet city jca20h head
Blackstar ht5 vintage

Does anyone has some other ideas?
What styles do you play? what sound are you after? Is wattage a problem? is it for small gigs or for room practice? we can't tell you much without some more info :p
wut.
you have actually found two amps yourself, the spider doesnt count
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
i'd say buy the spider IV 150W because it has an extra effect section and is overall better than the 75 W Version. I have played them both and i'm convinced that there is no better amp for that money if you think about what it all can do.
I dig Line6 they make nice products for your money's worth. 75 Watts should do most gigs especially if its miked to the PA (even if its not just get the band to EQ them selves to get a good sound) and 75 should be more then enough for practice. Thats what most guitarists I jam with bring.
what the ****? has cocaine been legalised or something?

ts, what type of music do you play? is it for home playing or gigs?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
what the ****? has cocaine been legalised or something?

ts, what type of music do you play? is it for home playing or gigs?

I dunno, must be a full moon or something

Ts, answer the Mona-Van-Faceman-thing...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The Blackstar HT1 and 5 aren't meant to gig, but are fantastic little practice amps for home. The HT-1 is loud enough at home, but you don't have that much clean headroom. The HT-5 will give you a fair bit more, an effects loop, footswitch and you can run a cab off both.

But yeah... look at the new amp thread and tell us what you really need it for.

If it matters though, I'd pick the Jet City, as the Blackstar HT-5 is a fair bit for practice (The 1 is cheap as though), and the Jet city could gig. Good value, good sounding amps from what I've seen though.
Quote by baumaxx1
The Blackstar HT1 and 5 aren't meant to gig, but are fantastic little practice amps for home. The HT-1 is loud enough at home, but you don't have that much clean headroom. The HT-5 will give you a fair bit more, an effects loop, footswitch and you can run a cab off both.

But yeah... look at the new amp thread and tell us what you really need it for.

If it matters though, I'd pick the Jet City, as the Blackstar HT-5 is a fair bit for practice (The 1 is cheap as though), and the Jet city could gig. Good value, good sounding amps from what I've seen though.

The 1w isnt a patch on te 5w... I like blackstar but the 1w is a bit shitty. Dnt know the ins and outs of why. I'd go 5w, you can mic or line out for your first few gigs til you can get yourself a badass big daddy amp
07 Gibson Les Paul LE
06 Fender Mex Strat - SDJb Jr, duckbucker, lil 59
Floor
Cry Baby 95Q-> Digitech Whammy -> DD3 -> MXR Micro Amp-> TU 2
Loop
Holy Grail ->Boss Rc20 Loop Station
Amp
Laney GH50 with Zilla Fatboy 2x12 (celestion g12-65)
Quote by steven seagull
I dunno, must be a full moon or something

Ts, answer the Mona-Van-Faceman-thing...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd suggest out of those the Jet city but you will need a cab to go with it so I'd suggest the Blackstar Ht-5 Mini Stack but its more of a bedroom amp if you're playing gigs.

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
Quote by gerrywm
The 1w isnt a patch on te 5w... I like blackstar but the 1w is a bit shitty. Dnt know the ins and outs of why. I'd go 5w, you can mic or line out for your first few gigs til you can get yourself a badass big daddy amp

Yeah I know. It's less than half the cost though, so doesn't sting as much for a practice amp. The 5 watter isn't really a gigging machine. The 1 watt isn't very loud on low gain... so the HT-5 is ideal if you have money, if you don't it's another story. The internal speaker on the HT-1 would let it down a bit though. Or did you try the head?

I wouldn't gig with either though. You have to remember that mic-ing is not always an option.
Quote by roudy12221
Hey,
My name is Paul and im looking for a new amp.
i have about 400 euros to spend,
ive found some amps myself,:
line 6 spider 75 Watt
Jet city jca20h head
Blackstar ht5 vintage

Does anyone has some other ideas?

Dont buy a line 6 buy a Vox. the VT series is cheap and very very awesome. Im getting one myeslf and I played one last week its an amazing amp. The one i played was the VT80. The clean sounds are absolutely amazing, and its so flexible, independent reverb, flangers, wah etc its very cool
Quote by Twist of fate
Why must the fat die young
honestly all the line 6 hate NEEDS to stop. most of the hate is directed toward the 15w and other small wattage versions. the higher wattage ones are above decent and give HUGE variety. but with ur options, jet city
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
hmm sorry for my late response :P but i mostly play rock, and metal.
The amp is used at home,

the sound im looking for is a warm clean sound, and a nice overdrive to play rock/metal
Quote by jumpaside
I dig Line6 they make nice products for your money's worth. 75 Watts should do most gigs especially if its miked to the PA (even if its not just get the band to EQ them selves to get a good sound) and 75 should be more then enough for practice. Thats what most guitarists I jam with bring.

yeah 75watt is enough...but the effect section of the 150Watt is way better