i want to start amplifying my harmonica, and i read that it helps if you put your microphone on overdrive. i have a vocal mic and a vox 10 watt guitar amp-not the best setup i know. can anyone suggest a good way to get a nice overdrive tone out of my amp, whether through a pedal or on the controls? i am planning on investing in a harmonica mic sometime soon, but since im living off a paper round it could be a while
you could just... blow harder.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
The "green bullet" shown above is the classic harp mic. Fits nicely in the hand along with the harmonica. As to a bit of overdrive.. Depends on the sound you're looking for. Listen to a bunch of the classic blues-harp men. You'll see a variety of tones used from very clean to quite overdriven depending on the style of blues being played and where the player is from.

A lot of the Chicago bluesmen used a pretty "hard" sound to go with rather large and electrically-amplified bands.