Poll: Do you believe that your hearing has been damaged as a result of loud music?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you believe that your hearing has been damaged as a result of loud music?
Yes
85 53%
No
40 25%
Unsure
36 22%
Voters: 161.
Do you worry about your hearing?

Have you experienced hearing loss as a result of your musical interests?

How many hours per week do you listen to music at a level that is harmful to your hearing?

Have you ever taken a hearing test?

Can you see yourself changing your habits to protect your hearing?

Write about your hearing loss stories here
Last edited by ss311 at May 2, 2011,
probly but i don't listen it that loud i usually play that loud \m/
Living is a bless, most of the people just exist

i'm out of my mind, insane, and what i say is sht or doesn't make sense, still your reading this.
I know that I have tinnitus now and I think I could have partial heraing loss in my left year. Iv've been meaning to see a doctor about this, but my parents think I'm fine and I'm just being stupid again.
Quote by ruste84
What little hearing loss I have isn't due to loud music. It's due to loud F-16s.

This. I live less than a mile from the military airport.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
I don't really have my MP3-player that really loud... But I listen a lot to music, so I guess it could be somewhat troublesome in the long run.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Heh, look at the poll, so far it looks like hearing loss is pretty much an occupational hazard for guitarists.

And teenagers with iPods.
I have hearing loss in my right ear after a stage accident where my microphone fed back into the PA system I was standing right next to. Remember: If you have a talkbox, don't stand right in front of a PA system with it on during soundcheck... While it's on...
I keep my music at a safe volume. However, when I first started jamming, there was one or two times where I decided I didn't need earplugs. I don't make that mistake anymore.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
My hearing is kinda damaged (I can't hear those really high pitched sounds that you can only hear when your young, I think the first one I can hear is the one 70 year olds and younger can hear), but I found out about it years before I really started listening to loud music. And even then, I rarely listen to music at more than moderate volumes, so I'm unsure.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
No.

Yes.

4-12.

Yes.

No, unless you count getting a hearing aid.

I'm losing my hearing. Not particularly bothered. I don't know anyones name, which hinders me slightly. I watch everything with subtitles.

The only real effect is that because I never know what anyones talking about, I never really listen to anyone, so I have no idea where I'm going, or why I'm going there.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
I have profound high frequency hearing loss in both ears. It's not that I used to listen to music at extra high volume but apparently my ears are overly sensitive and should be taken extra care of. I use earplugs when playing at high volume now. Can't afford to lose anymore of it. It sucks not being able to hear the high notes.
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

If you are looking for a clever and witty signature, you have come to the wrong place.
I can hear much better with my right ear than my left. It really annoys me when i'm using headphones, I always think that something happens to the right(even when it's in front of me).

I try to listen to music at a low volume to prevent any damage.
Kombat Gear:

No, because music that is painfully loud just isn't my thing.
          Schecter C-1 Elite-->BOSS ME-20-->B-52 AT100 2x12

Quote by laid-to-waste
          Extremely attractive woman.
          extremely attractive
          oh baby
          EDIT: you're a guy. shit.
          ...an extremely attractive guy.
          extremely attractive
          oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
          Definately a bit. I never wear earplugs at gigs and when I'm there if I'm not in the pit I usually gravitate to the left side of the stage (as the crowd looks at it). When I'm lying in bed on my side, I can hear a definite difference in hearing quality between when I have my right ear buried in the pillow from my left.
          Quote by CFH82
          Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ
          SAM? Oh wow, I have not seen you in forever Hi!

On topic: I'm not worried about my hearing. I have really sensitive hearing and never have music too loud, and I can't afford to go to a lot of gigs etc. Compared to other people, my hearing seems to be very sharp (although I'm not always terribly good at distinguishing words), so I think I'm ok.
          MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
          I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
          <//////>~ dA
          Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
          I have a very stupid theory about my hearing. I listen to my music way to loud and will probably go deaf before 40, but I'm hoping we'll have figured out how to reverse deafness by then, so I'll be all good.
          You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
          Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
          Some great stories guys, thanks so much! If anyone has more to say, please do.
          Quote by Beautiful
          No, because music that is painfully loud just isn't my thing.

Agreed. I like my music fairly loud, but no so much that I'm in pain while listening to it.
          my band practices in my basement and its pretty tight quarters and we play loud and sometimes really ****ing loud. and thats really ****ed up my right ear.
          I swear, one time a couple years ago, i lost all my hearing on one of my ears. It happened right after listening to the Br00talz metal with friends in the rain at full volume. It is the worst feeling ever, especially for a developing musician. Thankfully, my hearing came back weeks later.

Whatever you do, turn down the volume on your earphones. Becoming Deaf just isn't worth it.
          E-married to BlessedRebel15
          Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
          Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
          Quote by CrunchyRoll
          I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
          I don't usually play or expose myself to music at a level of music loud enough where it will damage my hearing. The idea of damaging my ears is something I worry about though. Particularly at raves or clubs where the music is far too damned loud.
          I believe so. Whenever I go to concerts, I always try to get up front, and that usually ends up with me standing right in front of a speaker. The last concert I went to, my ears rang really bad for 3 days. :/

So yes, I'm worried about my hearing.

In my restless dreams...
          I see that town.
          Silent Hill.
          You promised you'd take me there again someday.
          But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now.
          In our 'special place'...
          Waiting for you.