Hey,

I'm looking into getting a new amp, and I'm currently not using any effects live. I'm really enjoying the simplicity of just a guitar, cable and footswitch.

I like the Peavey, but the cleans are a bit lacking, and I was looking to step up. I LOVE Orange amps, not just the tone but the simplicity of the one-dial-and-go set-up. However none of them appear to have a gain/volume boost like the Peavey has.

I don't really want to invest in a distortion or anything, as it extends my chain and gives me more things to go wrong.

So yeah, here's a breakdown of the sort of amp I'm looking for:

* Two Channel, with footswitchable gain boost
* Sparkly, post-rock-ish cleans, with maybe a softer jazz edge too
* Orange style "grunt", able to do ATDI style open chords up to edging on heavier stuff

And preferrably:

* Simple control set-up
* Head/cab set-up (easier to transport)
* FX Loop (I use them for recording sometimes, to add layers)

Is there an amp that fits this description? Or would I need to look into custom/boutique stuff?

Cheers
wouldnt it be easiest to buy an Orange that you really like (if its in your budget) and just use the one boost pedal? Its not like it massively complicates your rig

I cant think of any amps that fit every part of your criteria, but A Fender Hotrod Deville kinda does (its a combo). Then again it might just be exactly the wrong direction...
^He already mentioned that he didnt want to use a pedal.

You could just buy an MFX pedal and put your Peavey in 4CM, using the crunch and lead channels of the amp and a clean model off the pedal.

EDIT: I noticed it was a VK, not a 6505 like I assumed.
A Bugera 6262 seems right up your alley.
Cool, I'll have a look at some of those when I've got the chance.

Maybe a boost is the answer, was just wondering if there was a way of keeping my rig the same as before.

Oh and budget is around £700, but I'm not really bothered about that, suggest things as expensive as you like. I'm more interested in whether it's possible right now.
Any recommendations for a triple channel amp even? Might be easier setting that up than finding one with a boost, plus I could tailor in any volume/tone changes I wanted between channels.
Quote by Heavens_To_Hell
Any recommendations for a triple channel amp even? Might be easier setting that up than finding one with a boost, plus I could tailor in any volume/tone changes I wanted between channels.

You can do the same with 2 channels?

Id get the Orange and a boost. No matter which way you look at it, you are going to have to step on something to get the boost you want.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
Orange with boost. You can probably grab a used Rockerverb in that price (although you'd struggle to get a matching cab) but you can definitely get a used Rocker combo or a Thunder.

No sense in limiting yourself when you can get an EHX LPB-2 for £30
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by SimplyBen
Orange with boost. You can probably grab a used Rockerverb in that price (although you'd struggle to get a matching cab) but you can definitely get a used Rocker combo or a Thunder.

No sense in limiting yourself when you can get an EHX LPB-2 for £30

I played the Rockerverb with the Orange 4x12..WOW!!!! Very nice I want one so bad.

But when is the TH100 or whatever the new one is coming out?
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
Sometime soon I think. You can easily get a R'verb in TS's budget though. I bought and sold one for £700.

I agree though, they are fantastic amps.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

I was hoping you'd say that!
It depends what you want. If you want something to boost all the time I'd recommend:
- Tube Screamer or variant of the TS.
- Catalinbread Silver Kiss (Used one with my R'verb and it was brilliant)

Or if you want something to kick on for a solo:
- EHX LPB
- Zvex SHO (but I'd get a clone because Zachery prices his pedals really high.)
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

I can't comment on the cleans, but you could check out the Vox NT50H that's coming out soon.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??