Before anything, I'd just like to point out that I am a guitarist, and although I have jammed on basses loads of times, I've never actually owned one, and not being in any band at the moment, I do have a few friends who lack a bassist, and it would be cool to jam along with them, seeing as I was probably going to buy a bass and amp anyways since I do have an organ too, so I do like to diverse on my instrument abilities too.

Moving more to the point, I gave this lecture above just to show the idea about how this is more of just a jamming occupation, so I don't need the best bass/amp. However, since I'm counting on playing with others, they have amps going from 25 to 60 watts of power, so I would need more then just a 10 or 15 watt bass amp too.

Here's what I could so far find (NOTE: I am left-handed, lol):

http://www.musicstore.com/en_EN/EUR/Basses/Lefthanded-models/Jack-Danny-YC-JB-L-Lefthand-3ToneSunburst-/art-BAS0000917-002

http://www.musicstore.com/en_EN/EUR/Fame-Megatone-PL-60B-60-Watt-Transistorcombo-1x12-Speaker/art-BAS0001446-000?recId=279c0bd8-7ec1-4188-9626-f6c5f34f1278&campaign=EPOQ

Basically what I'm asking for help for, is weither anyone could find a cheaper solution to the bass, amp or even both, with the thought that I will need a decent amount of power for the bass.
Since I'm not going to take things too serious with the bass, I need the cheapest solution I can find, since I'm not interested in spending too much.
Have a look on www.thomann.de

Don't knock the Harley Benton stuff they do. I have one of their basses and a 75w that came loaded with a Celestion. It is pretty good stuff for the price.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Yeah, I took a look around, although, left-handed basses are starting at prices of around 150euros. There's is 1-2 amp's I wouldn't mind having instead of the one I listed from musicstore, although since the basses themselves are more expensive, I'd kinda be paying more anyways. =/

Since I'm not too experienced with bass amps though, any clue weither if 30 watts would be enough to jam along in a garage with a drummer and two guitarists? Or more especifically, does anyone have any experience with this bass amp: http://www.musicstore.com/pt_PT/PTE/Fame-Megatone-SL-30B-Basscombo-30-Watt-1x10-Speaker/art-BAS0001445-000

I only really need enough from an amp to be heard and not just muffled from all the noise going on, in a garage, since if I do by any chance gig up live, I could borrow my friends bass amp (bassist from my old band, where I was a guitarist), which has 180 watts of power.

And thanks for the help.
Lol, I just noticed something quite weird. For some reason I can get in musicstore a pack of the same bass (but in black instead of 3 tone) with the 30 watt amp, bag for the bass, cable and a strap for 156 euros...

http://www.musicstore.com/pt_PT/PTE/Basses/Bass-Sets/_SET_-JD-JB-Lefthand-BK-Black-Combo-Bag-Kabel-Gurt/art-BAS036

As opposed to:

http://www.musicstore.com/pt_PT/PTE/_SET_-J-D-YC-JB-L-Lefthand-3TSB-SL-30B-Combo-Cable/art-BAS009
^ Most likely the sunburst pack is more expensive because they have to use nicer wood, or at least go to the trouble of adding a veneer with a see-through finish like a sunburst.

Quote by jpcl
Since I'm not too experienced with bass amps though, any clue weither if 30 watts would be enough to jam along in a garage with a drummer and two guitarists

You'll need a good deal more power, and something more then one 10" speaker to keep up with a drummer and two guitarists.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
^ Most likely the sunburst pack is more expensive because they have to use nicer wood, or at least go to the trouble of adding a veneer with a see-through finish like a sunburst.

You'll need a good deal more power, and something more then one 10" speaker to keep up with a drummer and two guitarists.

Well, we're kinda into rock/grunge/stoner rock, such as Led Zep, Nirvana, Kyuss, Qotsa and so on, so the drummer doesn't really have to "assassin" the drums, if you know what I mean, and considering that they won't be going anywhere near the limit of their amps (probably around 2-5 on a 1-10 volume range) since we aren't that far from residences, and night jams will be coming up very frequently.

Would you still consider 30 watts (even if I do push it up to around 8 on the volume or so) to be too low to be sufficiently heard?
What kind of amps are your guitarists running? I'd really suggest taking a look at the used market in your area and see what turns up, you can almost always get more bang for your buck on a previously owned amp.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
What kind of amps are your guitarists running? I'd really suggest taking a look at the used market in your area and see what turns up, you can almost always get more bang for your buck on a previously owned amp.

They both have Fender Frontman's. One's packing a 25 watt, the other 60 watt, though like I said, they use them nowhere near as loud as they can get.

And about going used, well, I've been in the world of music for quite some time (as a guitarist, which is my "main roll"), so obviously the idea about going used came straight to my head, although the thing is, I'm living in Portugal at the moment, and unlike the UK, there isn't that much of a big market here when it comes to instruments.
I would struggle just to find a used bass for sale, especially left-handed. And when I could find one, it surely wouldn't be that cheap, particially because I've looked around and could only really find 2-3 basses, but were between 200-350 euros, and partially because everything here is far more expensive here then compared to the UK or US.

And I'd have to travel 60 miles (100km) just to go to Lisbon to actually by anything, since that's the closest shop.

Going for ebay wouldn't help either, since everyone thinks their amp should sell for a million pounds even if it's used, and I can't find a single cheap amp.