I can't seem to find a decent guide on replacing the valves in my amp, was wondering if anyone knew of a good resource?

Wondering what the process would be for replacing the tubes in my amp with the same ones, just new, changing to different brands etc and the effect that different tubes have on sound.

Thanks
Gear
ESP LTD EC-1000 Vintage Black - Orange Tiny Terror Combo

Tama Superstar Custom Hyperdrive w/ Sabian Cymbals
If its the preamp valves just pull them out and push the new ones back in. If its your power tubes then you need to bias them correctly and if its your first time I would take it to a tech.
Hmm...my problem with taking things to tech's is that I'll never learn to do it myself that way :P And I'll be paying them until I do, so I'm looking for a guide. Armed with the right knowledge I'll have no issues doing it myself.
Gear

Could you give me a link? Googling just gives me some boy band and a load of ebay listings :S

Thanks
Gear

If this is your Tiny Terror then you don't need to rebias the amp. Just stick the new ones in and go, it's cathode biased.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Thanks, both of you
Gear

Quote by dannycasevnx
If its the preamp valves just pull them out and push the new ones back in. If its your power tubes then you need to bias them correctly and if its your first time I would take it to a tech.

That depends on the amp. The 6505/5150 is biased so low you could pretty much put whatever matched power tubes you want in there and be fine.
quick tip. pick up some detoxit from your local raido shack or something similar.
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right