So, I'm in the process of using GP5.2 for the first time to write out sheet music for a guitar/violin instrumental and I can't figure out two things.

1.) How do I tie two notes together over measures? Ex. Two half notes that SHOULD be separated by a measure? The note's actual length should be a whole note, but it doesn't fit in 4/4 time so I wanted to tie it over.

I can't figure out the tie note/tie beat features. I've tried, but it keeps tying the half note to the note before it, not the one after. >_<

2.) How do I get it to automatically separate the measures? I keep having to go in and correct it. x_X is there a way to get it put the correct number of beats/measure on it's own?

Super thanks!
~^.^ 'ello :]~
1) Select the second note and press L.

2) Can you be more specific? You set the time signature and fill up the bars with notes and rests.
I have my time sig. set, but the program will override it. For example 4/4 time, but it wont add in any measure bars after the first 4 whole notes. x_X

It never puts in measure bars, and I'm wondering if I turned something off by accident.
Quote by Rinibugg
I can't figure out the tie note/tie beat features. I've tried, but it keeps tying the half note to the note before it, not the one after. >_<
)

Think about this for a second.... if pressing the tie note/beat button ties the note to the one before it... then you should press the tie note/beat button on the second note.
Quote by Rinibugg
I have my time sig. set, but the program will override it. For example 4/4 time, but it wont add in any measure bars after the first 4 whole notes. x_X

It never puts in measure bars, and I'm wondering if I turned something off by accident.

You go to the last night of the song and press right. It makes a new bar if the measures full.
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
Think about this for a second.... if pressing the tie note/beat button ties the note to the one before it... then you should press the tie note/beat button on the second note.

I've tried that, and it does nothing. It won't tie over to the previous measure for some reason.