The piece that holds the strap has actually came out! its screwed in but the screw has came out, i tried screwing it back in, but as soon as i went to put the strap over me it came out again.

i've thought of two things i could do, i could buy a bigger screw or i could put super glue inside the hole and screw back in
If anyone has any ideas, would be very helpful

also, i have a 5 string epiphone thunderbird, its quite heavy, would i need to upgrade my strap to prevent this happening again?
Get a wooden skewer or chopstick, stuff it in the hole left by the screw, break off the excess then re-screw your strap button in. The wood you put in will enable the screw to grab again. It'll be as strong as new.
buynewstrapdone.
Quote by God
I'm Omnipotent, which is to say that my dick eats both meat and plants

Ronnie and Steele, Rockstars today aint half as real.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio & Peter Steele
The problem is with the strap button not the strap, so don't go out and buy a new strap!
"Shove in a chopstick and break it" is something I'd stay away from when you can buy a thing of wood filler for cheap at a hardware store and do that correctly.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
What i did to fix a similar problem: take some super glue and a few tooth picks and glue them into the hole. then simply re-thread the scew into the body. worked like a charm!
Quote by timlikeHim
What i did to fix a similar problem: take some super glue and a few tooth picks and glue them into the hole. then simply re-thread the scew into the body. worked like a charm!

+1, I did this with one toothpick and no glue on one of my basses or guitars... I use them all frequently and cant remember which one, I take that as a good thing
Quote by strat0blaster
"Shove in a chopstick and break it" is something I'd stay away from when you can buy a thing of wood filler for cheap at a hardware store and do that correctly.

Wood filler doesn't work for this.

Fill with cocktail sticks, dipped in wood glue. Break off, drill pilot hole, reinsert screw. The ONLY way to do this if you ask me.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
This happened to me and the drummers dad - a carpenter by trade fixed it up be sticking a match in and snapping it off and cleaning it up before re-screwing - works perfectly!
Quote by Nutter_101
Wood filler doesn't work for this.

Fill with cocktail sticks, dipped in wood glue. Break off, drill pilot hole, reinsert screw. The ONLY way to do this if you ask me.

http://www.kingdomrestorations.com/catalog_i86625.html

Focus on the part that says "When mixed together, the materials combine to form a polymer compound that cures to the same density as wood" and "After final cure... can be drilled, tapped, machined, sanded, filed, or stained."

Thank you.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Same density as wood? Which wood would this be? Maple? Alder? Mahogany? Balsa? I would rather put my trust in a hard, wood and glue superstructure that epoxy. I've seen woodfiller strip out a few times. Never a wood and glue mix.

And besides, not all wood filler is the same. Some do shrink on hardening, like the stuff that can be commonly found in hardware shops everywhere.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
It happened me 1 day before a concert i put some paper and glue put it to strap hole than screwed tomporary worked.

But buy a new strap thing

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bugera Fire Wall Half Stack
^
like others have said get a small piece of wood (toothpicks, skewers, matches, whatever)

place the stick inthe hole to see how long it needs to be, then cut it too length-just under the depth of the hole.

cover stick in glue and place in hole.

re-screw in your strap button.

I have done this to almost all my guitars, and it works great. (i upgrade to straplocks and the screws are usually smaller than my stock ones)
no sir away a papaya war is on