Sat with my guitar the other day and tried to play the riff to Muse - Stockholm Syndrome, and couldn't. just too fast with my usual technique, and ive started looking at my picking technique as a whole. Whenever i pick, i seem to naturally pluck the string i.e. tip of the pick is going in a U shape essentially. This is, what i think at least, is really affecting my speed, and ive been trying to make the pick glide in basically a straight line across the strings, but i cant seem to control the speed i go at... its either slow single notes, or fast picking that i cant do much with. Am i maybe not holding the pick quite rigidly enough, or not using my wrist properly, and actually using the muscles under my thumb without really noticing?

Any advice, greatly appreciated.
Dom, look... I Caught a PWOPER fish
just relax and practice it. like everything else with guitar, it requires practice.
an practice requieres patience, love and well not quiting.
i swere that if u hate it takes you double of the time than if you like the song (depends on how easy it is and how bored you are too)
Living is a bless, most of the people just exist

i'm out of my mind, insane, and what i say is sht or doesn't make sense, still your reading this.