I play a Jackson SL3 Soloist in a Rock covers band so I need to cover a range of styles but I equally want my own sound as much as possible. I've been thinking of getting a Marshall JVM 410H as it can cover the three core tones I tend to use (clean, 80s Metal and modern Metal) and has two master volumes so I can easily boost solos. The problem is that at the moment I tend to have to use an MXR Super Compressor with the output and sensitivity virtually maxed out and the attack very low on leads to get that really thick, fluid and saturated tone I like. I can never seem to get that sound without the conmpressor. I'm guessing that I either need a valve amp that does that tone more naturally or I need to use some kind of modeller to be assured of getting that tone at both giging and bedroom volumes. Whatever route is best, it needs to have those three levels of gain readily available and all three need to be able to take a boost for solos.

I have a budget of about £600 and I'm more than happy to buy used from Ebay. Any suggestions and ideas would be VERY gratefully received.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Mesa rectoverb covers that, might be pricey there though?
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
would 600 pounds really buy a jvm410? aren't those $2,200 over here? (USA)
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
You're right, a Mesa is probably too expensive sadly.

I've watched JVM 410 amps quite a bit on Ebay and they do appear to go for about £600 in excellent condition. I also wondered about an Engl Screamer or just getting the saturated tones by going the modelling route, either with a floor modeller hooked up to a valve head or something like a Vypyr Tube or Spider Valve.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1