How would I go about soloing over the turn around in Superstition(by Stevie Wonder)? I listened to it and it sounds like the chords go B7-Cº7-B7-Bbº7-A7-B7
The song is actually in Ebm but I transposed it to Em so that's why the chords are all a half step up.
A couple of ways
First, the C07, is most likely functioning as a B7b9, and likewise the Bb07 is most likely functioning as an A7b9. Alternating between some kind of B and A altered scale would probably be the best bet (superlocrian, dominant diminished, spanish phrygian)--a mixolydian scale (avoid the natural 9th over the diminished chords) or a blues scale would also work.
all the best.
(insert self-aggrandizing quote here)
Quote by tehREALcaptain
A couple of ways
First, the C07, is most likely functioning as a B7b9, and likewise the Bb07 is most likely functioning as an A7b9. Alternating between some kind of B and A altered scale would probably be the best bet (superlocrian, dominant diminished, spanish phrygian)--a mixolydian scale (avoid the natural 9th over the diminished chords) or a blues scale would also work.

On the other hand this turnaround is relatively fast, it's not really something that you need to think about all the notes. When I cover the song I just crank some wah and do octaves on the roots of the chords, before going into wank-off time (in E minor) when it returns to the verse progression for the short time before the vocals enter.

I know it's not really a theory based answer, but that's how I approach it when I play it, which is nearly every weekend

Edit: I mean, I emphasise chord tones over the out-of-key chords, and then tastefully construct a melody when it returns to the verse progression.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Yes to both of these guys. The diminished chords are just substitutions for the dominant seventh chords. Stick to 7b9 arpeggios with passing tones.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea