So i recently got in Zakk Wylde, and saw this video of him playing and there was a part where he bend the high E with 3 fingers:pinky,ring,middle AND uses the pointer to mute the strings above, now iv tryed it and its the most bizzare thing i have ever done.

Iv always done bend with 3 fingers, but not the pinky so its very weird for me to do bends with it AND mute the string with the POINTER,

My question: is this sorta thing helpfull because I have never seen anything like this done before by my other 'Gods' and Iv read somewhere that very few actually reinforce bends with pinkys let alone mute the strings while bending with other fingers of the freting hand

http://img156.imageshack.us/i/bendmute.jpg/

The awsome video, if someone hasnt seen it yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFHyoWMgILc
That's called "the plough" or something, another notable player who does this is Steve Vai. It's hugely helpful when doing big bends and vibrato with a lot of distortion because it prevents the other strings from making noise as you bend into them.

It's hard to do right away, but WELL worth learning
Anyone know hows this EXACTLY called? If it has some other name than "Bend"
I cant really find any intel on this kinda of bends
Quote by DocArunas
Anyone know hows this EXACTLY called? If it has some other name than "Bend"
I cant really find any intel on this kinda of bends

There's no real name for it, but a lot call it "the plough" or "the scoop" because it's somewhat like a snow-plough that keeps the snow/other strings out of the way. There's nothing to add on this technique really, it's all been covered in this thread.

Just remember that there must have been a time when you found it difficult to bend with fingers 1,2 & 3 so it's just a case of practising with 2, 3 & 4 instead.
Note that he is raking the strings when he does those bends that's why he needs some extra muting... for normal bends I think it's much easier too use the right hand to mute. Muting with pointer would be overkill in that situation