Hey guys i was thinking. how does the people in your country do the funerals. In Armenia they actually do it this way: there's the Requiem, it's in the deadman's house or something. they come and pay the respect. a lot of flowers and heartbreaking music. the next day is the funerals that happens in the ... yes you're right... graveyard. they rarely take the body to church. They also go there the next day for some reason. after the funeral they go and eat food (binge ) for the name of him then there's the day called "seven" which is the seventh day after the death. they go to the grave, then again have a binge. then "forty" which is the fortieth day. aaaand... a binge!

and so on... there's a "year" and whatnot.
they're also obsessed with binges...

what about you?
in the UK, most people grab a coffine, dump the body in there and bury it
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
In the UK, the coffin is transported in a hearse from the funeral home to the church or crematorium, with family following behind. When the family arrive, it is typical for males to carry the coffin into the church, where it stands behind the vicar. A ceremony then takes place involving some readings (Psalm 23:4 is always read) and hymns are sung. Some family members may give speeches about the character of the deceased and the vicar will give a sermon on death.

After this a curtain goes down over the coffin and the funeral attendees leave the church/chapel and go back to attend the wake. The ashes are then entourred or scattered in the next few days.

I've been to far, far too many funerals lately
Last edited by Mistress_Ibanez at May 2, 2011,
Here in east la, when one of the home boys dies, every one gathers around the mortuary and gets really drunk, then they drive that foo around town
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Cremation fools.

It's cheaper and you get to keep a souvenir
I leik music
I want to be fired out of a cannon into the sun.

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
In the UK, the coffin is transported in a hearse from the funeral home to the church or crematorium, with family following behind. When the family arrive, it is typical for males to carry the coffin into the church, where it stands behind the vicar. A ceremony then takes place involving some readings (Psalm 23:4 is always read) and hymns are sung. Some family members may give speeches about the character of the deceased and the vicar will give a sermon on death.

After this a curtain goes down over the coffin and the funeral attendees leave the church/chapel and go back to attend the wake. The ashes are then entourred or scattered in the next few days.

The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Sorry to hear that

As much as I hate funerals, they help to move on so much.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Depends on your religion, mostly.
Christians get greeted at the mortuary for a few days. Then you have the funeral (church, cemetary, coffee & biscuits). It's very sober really.
Atheists mostly get a creamation and then the offspring decides what to do with the ashes (mostly just scatter them over a field or put them in a jar and put them at home or in a wall at the cemetary. Lately you can also get the urn buried in this cool sun-with-sunbeams shaped field)
For others.. dunno, never been to one of em.

My mom once asked me what me n my bro were gonna do with her if she died.
I said "well, we can cremate you and then make some sort of jewelry of the ashes. That'd be cool, because *emotional banter*". She replied "I wish your brother wants to bury me."

I don't care what happens to me, as long as they don't just forget me.
Probably gonna get buried with a tagline that says smth like
"get off my lawn, you damn kids!"
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Quote by TimTheWizard

I don't care what happens to me, as long as they don't just forget me.
Probably gonna get buried with a tagline that says smth like
"get off my lawn, you damn kids!"

One of my greatest fears :/

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
Quote by kirky boy
In pakistan we drop our leaders into the sea....

lol @ the bin-laden reference...

it puts the 'fun' into funeral!
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
We let them rot awhile in some bag.
Then they are buried.
Then some people piss on the grave.
Some people push down the grave stone.
.. there's no respect in my country.
Say goodnight to the world...
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. "

TURBO BASS get.
Last.fm My Original Musics
The body is put on display for 3 days for family and friends to see and grieve, reminisce, etc. then bury the body. There's also burial songs and everyone buries the body.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Depends on what the person wanted done/what there was the funding for. My grandma got taken straight from the hospital to the funeral home, where she was cremated, and then we took the ashes and spread them as she wished. When my grandfather died, we did the wake 2 or 3 days after, (where everybody just gathers and talks with the coffin in the room) and the funeral in the church the day after that, and then immediately followed the hearse to the mausoleum, where there was another short ceremony.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
I have only been to one funeral in my whole life, my dad´s uncle´s funeral. He was cremated tho, but there was this ceremony at the church where the Priest was talking about his life and what not while showing the urn and then we (they, I don´t sing when I am sad) sang some hymns and we went outside, then his two sons (my dad´s cousins) dropped the urn into a hole and they Priest said some more words and we moved over to a another place where we ate a lot of expensive food and talked a bit more about the deceased and showed our condolences to the closer family members. When you want the deceased to be buried you have no actual law on how long you can mourn before actually putting the coffin in the groun (Denmark) like one friend of my mothers, she kept her mothers body for almost a week in her living room where the family could come and show their respects before actually putting her in a coffin and moving her to the church.

True story.
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
We bury the body and then go to the pub to talk about other family members behind their backs.
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Some crazy chanting nonsense. Then everyone gets hammered and sings.

Roman Catholicism is pretty similar to voodoo in many respects.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Quote by Dempsey68

Hahaha
they have 2 or 3 days of viewings at the funeral home. the close family of the deceased goes there during the viewing hours and anyone that knew the deceased goes to pay their respects and see the body. alot of times the close family of the deceased all sit/stand in a line and when you go to the viewing, you go down the line and talk to each person. alot of times you wont know everyone thats on the line.

then on the day of the funeral the body is brought to a church and they hold a service. they give an opportunity for family and friends to share things about the deceased. they usually read scripture, sing some hymns, and have some sort of a message.

afterwards, there is a procession to the cemetery. sometimes they request that only family and close friends go to the cemetery, other times everyone is invited. everyone gets in their car and follows the hearse to the cemetery and the whole procession drives really slowly to get there.

at the cemetery, everyone gathers around the grave. the coffin is placed above the hole and the immediate family sits around the coffin. some words are said, the immediate family places flowers ontop of the coffin, then the coffin is lowered into the ground.

then everyone disburses and goes somewhere together and eats a big meal.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
ok here's a joke, guys, to lighten the mood a bit... a person dies in his 40s. before dying he asks his wife not to cheat on him, "each time you cheat my body will turn 1 round in my grave."
after a couple of weeks the wife decides to visit her husband. Not being able to find the grave he asks the grounds-keeper where John Sanders is. The grounds keeper answers "which John? the Chopper John?"

that's a local joke and lets see if it'll make sense to you after i translated it haha
Quote by Vendetta V
ok here's a joke, guys, to lighten the mood a bit... a person dies in his 40s. before dying he asks his wife not to cheat on him, "each time you cheat my body will turn 1 round in my grave."
after a couple of weeks the wife decides to visit her husband. Not being able to find the grave he asks the grounds-keeper where John Sanders is. The grounds keeper answers "which John? the Chopper John?"

that's a local joke and lets see if it'll make sense to you after i translated it haha

Chopper, as in, the guy kept spinning like a helicopter's rotors?
usually someone shows up drunk and keeps talking
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Quote by boreamor
One of my greatest fears :/

You're dead. Who cares?
What a long strange trip it's been

Nothing to see here.

You hail the calves as eloquently as any facade of Easter Island.

Quote by Pencil Man
You know it get's serious when UG's Obama tells you off.

Call me Mr. President
Here the requiem is mostly in a church, and then they just bury the person. The most simplistic way. It might depend on religic views how a person gets buried here.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
We eat our dead here but first I rob them.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
First we go to church and listen to Psalms and stuff like that, then the Priest talks about the dead persons life, and his close ones, and then more Psalms, usually a Psalm that the dead one liked when alive. Then, we get like 4-6 people to carry the casket out from church to the grave. Where we sing a Psalm while lowering the casket into the ground, then we all just stand there for awhile. Then we start all saying stuff like our final goodbyes and flowers onto the casket in the ground. Then the priest throws sand on top and we go eat cake, and food.
In Aus we just stand in a church, or funeral home and listen to the priest and family members talk about the dead person. There's also usually a presentation like a slide show and some music.

Sadly its illegal not to have a funeral in Aus... I want my body incinerated and dumped somewhere. No funeral - they're ridiculously expensive.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Quote by Dempsey68

and i just found my new headliner...
In my experience, funerals consist of a 5 minute speech from 1 of the beloved ones and a 3 minute walk around the opened coffin, after which we have coffee, cake, pies, other delicious sweets, soda, beer, other alcoholic beverages, and lot's of dancing on upbeat music.

Good times.