As the title says, my Peavy Ultra Plus head won't turn on. No loud pops, never sounded like anything broke. Just stopped turning on completely the other morning. I took the grate off the back and cleaned up the tubes, but I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. It doesn't work in other outlets either. I called guitar center, and he said they could ship it off to be repaired, but he had "absolutely no idea how much it would cost or how long it would take".

Where should I start?

check the main fuse in the amp and the fuse in the plug.
the same thing happened to my Randall
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
i have a solid state hughes and kettner half stack dude and the other day i was jamming with a band and it just died, no loud pops or anything it just faded out. So i took it apart only to find the fuse above the power input on the back had fried out. The amp is almost ten years old so it kinda made sense, so i replaced it with another fuse of the same size and it works perfectly now. Maybe thats what it is.
Quote by mattielash
i have a solid state hughes and kettner half stack dude and the other day i was jamming with a band and it just died, no loud pops or anything it just faded out. So i took it apart only to find the fuse above the power input on the back had fried out. The amp is almost ten years old so it kinda made sense, so i replaced it with another fuse of the same size and it works perfectly now. Maybe thats what it is.

I don't believe fuses die with age.
They are there in case your AC power outlet decides to send higher volts than what the amp can take.

TS, definately sounds like the fuse.
..I was watching my death.
Any help? I don't know where the fuses are and I don't want to electrocute myself or break something. I need my amp though!
Check beside the power. It should be a cylindrical thing that is black.
Quote by timbit2006
I don't believe fuses die with age.
They are there in case your AC power outlet decides to send higher volts than what the amp can take.

TS, definately sounds like the fuse.

Fuses can in rare situations die with age, fuse degradation i think, but like they all said you should still check even though you didn't hear a pop. If there is no light or anything than look at the Mains, if there is a light on but no sound try the HT. If they are good it's probably not the best idea to go poking around inside amp and take to someone who knows what they are doing (I know, a crazy overused statement).
Gear:
Gibson '61 SG (57 Classics)
Ibanez RG4EXFM1 (TB-6)
Gibson '08 Explorer (500T)
Soldano Avenger 100
No Name 4X12 w/ Texas Heat+V12
I Want More Stuff
He wouldn't need to go inside the amp, unless on of the fuses inside blew. In most amps I've seen the guts of, there's one fuse inside.