Alrighty. I'm trying to figure out how to run a stereo amplifier (both outputs) into a mono cabinet. from what i've heard, i'll need a 100ohm@5 watt block resistor to put between the two. (not sure if that was to combine the loads as to not blow an output or if that suffices as a dummy load). Any suggestions? There's no pan/balance control, (yes i know i could just turn it one way or another and only hook that channel up if that was the case...) Thanks!!
Quote by pdawson

crap, i got high and took a bath with my sisters fish, and totally forgot he was in there when i drained out the water
R.I.P Sassy

Quote by MakinLattes

I once sharpened an entire box of crayons and walked around my neighborhood trying to sell baggies of shavings.
because i'm gigging at a small area, and i have a small 1x15 cabinet i was going to use....and its mono, and i have no dual-coil sub to replace the speaker with. only options are make a dummy load, or combine the two channels without blowing the outputs(that i'm aware of). I was wondering how to do it.
Quote by pdawson

crap, i got high and took a bath with my sisters fish, and totally forgot he was in there when i drained out the water
R.I.P Sassy

Quote by MakinLattes

I once sharpened an entire box of crayons and walked around my neighborhood trying to sell baggies of shavings.
Why don't you just use one output from your head? I'm not meaning to sound like a douche I'm just trying to understand what is going on. My amp has two outputs but I only use one and it doesn't hurt it. Stereo is a luxury not a requirement

It would help to know your exact equipment btw
Last edited by vjferrara at May 2, 2011,
I would, but the head is stereo, and puts out equally on 2 channels. if both channels are not under load, head goes boom. An amp can have 2 outputs, but the amp itself is mono I bet. For this head, stereo is a requirement. I'm trying to find a way to bridge the 2 channels without killing the head. god i hate line 6. Line 6 spider III hd150. mock away lol. it was all i could afford. got it for $150, so i'm not complaining...it does it's job, and doesn't sound digital with a tube preamp, so i'm happy with it for now lol. the cabinet is a 1x15 kustom.
Quote by pdawson

R.I.P Sassy

Quote by MakinLattes

Damn. I don't think I have one.
Quote by pdawson

R.I.P Sassy

Quote by MakinLattes

Weeeeeeelllllllllll.....I'm not so much trying to make it quieter as i am make it take up less space. I never got the original cab for it ...i didn't have the cash after some unexpected things popped up. I've got 2 tower cabs i guess i'll have to use.....they can handle the wattage, and they're both 8 ohms a pop, but i felt they were a bit overkill for the venue. Damn I hate carrying those things around lol. Better than nothing though lol. Thanks!
Quote by pdawson

R.I.P Sassy

Quote by MakinLattes