You didn't do a bad job, and there were only a few notes you missed up until after the arpeggiated part, but the timing was off a lot on the parts you did good on. It would help if you played along with the song and learned it with the right timing, because you have the notes down pretty much. And did you do the arpeggiated part using taps instead of hammer ons? If youd like you can watch the vids in my sig, but i'm not dying for comments so its cool.
Quote by DiminishDarknut
You didn't do a bad job, and there were only a few notes you missed up until after the arpeggiated part, but the timing was off a lot on the parts you did good on. It would help if you played along with the song and learned it with the right timing, because you have the notes down pretty much. And did you do the arpeggiated part using taps instead of hammer ons? If youd like you can watch the vids in my sig, but i'm not dying for comments so its cool.

It's so hard to get Marty's phrasing right! When I'm playing it, in my head I'm pretty close but I guess that's why I record myself, cause it's not so perfect lol.
I played different arps to original - I play Emin and Bmin augumented, simply because they are easier to play than diminished arps in the original.

Yeah I do tap the bit after the sweeps, I can't exactly do the 10-17 stretch too easily so I opt for tapping, it's cleaner that way.

Your vids are really good man, you've got some skills.
Yeah thats a great point. Martys phrasing is freain bonkers. haha . And I hear you on that 10-17 stretch. When i practice it alone i can do it, but in context with the rest of the solo its hard to click it into place. Also I'm probably going to upload a vid of the lucretia solo soon. Wanna be youtube friends?
Quote by piszczel
Hi guys
I posted a cover of this like a week ago but the quality was appaling. I put the camera right next to the amp this time, improving audio quality at the cost of video.
Please comment It's not perfect but it's a hard solo! I think I played it better this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfqiIoks6ug

Its not bad,bends are mostly right,the timing needs a little workout, but it's a hard solo!
Pretty good overall, i love the original so was glad to hear this. Like others have said timing is a slight issue but it isn't that off-putting and you still did a good job.
Sounded great to me, there were only a few very minor slip ups that I can hear. I definitely wouldn't be able to play half of that so very well done.

I'm not a fan of your tone, I must say, but that is all down to personal preference.
Quote by BladeSlinger
Oh God I lol'ed

Quote by Ēzio

Would you like to see my Soundcloud?
I love Padgea7x
not too bad, but there's room for lots of improvment. You got some skills, nice sweeping, but somtimes you're sloppy. But this is a hard solo and playing it without a backing track makes it even harder

try playing it with some backing track, it will help a lot imo
pretty good job!like others said could be a little bit tighter and timing could be better but its still a decent cover! i think this would sound a lot better if u put the track in the backround and play along with itnevertheless good playing bro!

c4c?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1423504
you pretty much got the notes and the techniques down correct, but maybe you could work on your timing and phrasing- maybe even throw in a backing track to allow it flow

other than that, the solo was really awesome i tried to learn that solo too, and i know how hard it is, so congratulation on being able to pull it off

mind checking out my dream theater cover?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1440356