I'm thinking about doing a few mods to my Squier CV P-bass.
Here are the things I'm planning on doing:
-Mirror pickguard
-New pickup (maybe quarter pounder, any others?)
-Pickup cover if i can get one??
-Maybe a badass bridge
Are thereany other worthwhile mods i can do to make it sound as good as possible, and look good and unique? I play stuff like Blink-182 and Green Day. Also, where can I get a pickguard and a pickup cover (for a single cover p-bass pickup)? Cheers.
I have a Seymour Duncan single coil Quarter Pounder in my bass and it's awesome. I highly recommend it. The only problem is I'm not using a P-Bass so I had to angle the pickup to get a better string alignment, but since you have a P-Bass you don't have to worry.
a quarter pounder is a great pup for that style.

badass bridges are sweet as hell but you can not put a bridge cover over them. if you want a bridge cover get a gotoh 201.

you can order pickup covers from guitar center or musicians friend.for like 15 bucks or something cheap like that.

no idea on the mirrored pickgaurd.

maybe some new tuners? and upgrade the electronics since your already going in for the pup swap.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Do they actually do single coil p bass covers? In the Uk?
And what tuners would you recommend? I'm looking at Gotoh but want to see what you'd recommend.
one thing no one has mentioned, is getting a graphtech black xl nut. they are awesome and really bring out the overtones and harmonics. squiers and fender basses for the most part (non american ones i believe) have plastic nuts, so a graphtech one will be a milestone improvement.

were you wanting to add in a second pickup, or modifying the current one? you could try adding in a modern precision pickup in the back, and keeping the jazz style one in the front.
Hmmm, might get a graphtech. Definately been looking at the hipshots exteders too. How much would It be to get an extra pickup routed? Probably a modern p pickup or a humbucker like in the EBs.

Last thing for now, how much would it be for an entire refret? Thinking my bass will look better with black frets, and the current frets are pretty bad, when I slide up the neck, it scratches my hand pretty bad.
Quote by JD2k9
Hmmm, might get a graphtech. Definately been looking at the hipshots exteders too. How much would It be to get an extra pickup routed? Probably a modern p pickup or a humbucker like in the EBs.

Last thing for now, how much would it be for an entire refret? Thinking my bass will look better with black frets, and the current frets are pretty bad, when I slide up the neck, it scratches my hand pretty bad.

you can get frets dressed which will fix that. for the cost of an entire re fret you might as well but a mighty mite neck.

and when you say cover do you mean a cover like over a fender tele pickup or lke this
http://www.bravewoodguitars.co.uk/images/65%20John%20jazz%20covers.jpg
no sir away a papaya war is on