Portal 2
126 67%
Crysis 2
30 16%
Fap Fap Revenge
31 17%
Voters: 187.
Page 1 of 3
so im looking to buy a new game, only one as i dont want to spend too much money.

the only other game i have is Reach.

so i made this a seperate thread to make a poll, to see what hte pits general consensus is. So, whats better? Reviews havnt been able to cut it for me on whether id like portal or not.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Portal 2, obviously.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
You'll have the same "meh" experience with both.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by lushacrous

wat is this
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Both are extremely overrated.

Crysis 2 just isn't fun. Portal 2 isn't as fun as all of the circle jerks proclaim. Multiplayer Portal is awesome though.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by laid-to-waste
wat is this

That guy who doesn't care for the same videogames as you!

EDIT: ^Dammit I agree
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by lushacrous
Your funny bone must be broken.

EDIT:
Quote by Colgate Total

Crysis 2 just isn't fun. Portal 2 isn't as fun as all of the circle jerks proclaim. Multiplayer Portal is awesome though.
And yours.

Portal 2 is hilarious and you know it.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Last edited by the bartender at May 2, 2011,
Portal 2 obviously.

Quote by Colgate Total

So much incorrect in one post.
Portal 2 is a lot of fun, multiplayer is awesome.
I refuse to play Crysis 2, Crytek can suck it.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Do you like FPS's or puzzle games? Thats really the only deciding question here. I haven't played crysis 2, but my friends assure me its an orgasm in video game form, so I'd personally go with that.

Thats the thing i like both, im usually a FPS type, but then again i love puzzle games like little big planet or w.e it was called on ps3.

and ive read a shitload of reviews, crysis sounds like COD with super powers, and portal i havent been able to get a good mindset of what the gameplay is like

Quote by jmonko
Portal 2 is a lot of fun, multiplayer is awesome.
I refuse to play Crysis 2, Crytek can suck it.

ima guess you are a computer gamer?
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
People O face over Crysis because of the 'prestige' that comes with running highly demanding games on your PC, and that's just become gushing over it because console gamers can have it now, and Portal two makes people O face because "it's so underdog studio created and indy and it came from nothing!"

Honestly, I don't like either of them, but that's me. A game with as much hype as either of those will never factually live up to the hype anyway.

My advice? Go to gamestop and buy one used, try it, and take it for refund if you don't like it and get the other. No harm done, no foul called. Frankly, I'd skip them both.

EDIT:

I agree with the poster above that said Fallout 3. I'd play it over either of those.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at May 2, 2011,
Portal is basically this:

- You're in a room
- You have a gun which shoots portals
- Get out of the room.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Quote by strat0blaster
People O face over Crysis because of the 'prestige' that comes with running highly demanding games on your PC, and that's just become gushing over it because console gamers can have it now, and Portal two makes people O face because "it's so underdog studio created and indy and it came from nothing!"

Honestly, I don't like either of them, but that's me. A game with as much hype as either of those will never factually live up to the hype anyway.

How is Portal 2 indie and made by an underdog studio?

Quote by Colgate Total

- You're in a room
- Get out of the room.

Quote by creelers
How is Portal 2 indie and made by an underdog studio?

EDIT

Used the wrong term - 'cult' was the term I was looking for at this point. It's the Evil Dead of the video game world, and just like Evil Dead, it's got a bunch of gushers having wet dreams about it even if they don't actually like it or have really played it through.

It was an indie project at the start though. Obviously not anymore.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at May 2, 2011,
Quote by Colgate Total

- You're in a room
- Get out of the room.

oh, stop generalizing.

you're forgetting the hilarious voice-overs following you around, and you get to speak to a potato.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by WantsLesPaul

What happens when you get out of the room?

You go into another room. Repeat the process.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Quote by strat0blaster
EDIT

Used the wrong term - 'cult' was the term I was looking for at this point. It's the Evil Dead of the video game world, and just like Evil Dead, it's got a bunch of gushers having wet dreams about it even if they don't actually like it or have really played it through.

It was an indie project at the start though. Obviously not anymore.

ಠ_ಠ
Portal 2 is great and Colgate Total is a hater. I'd love to hear his favourite games.

Crysis 2 is good too.
Obviously you didn't see that I have my flame shield on.

I thought the games were severely over-hyped/overrated and have become more a name that gamers sling around to get some sort of imagined pedigree. Say whatever you want.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
I asked myself this yesterday (for the PC) and chose Crysis 2. TBH, I think Portal would have been more fun, but I haven't played the first one, and as I understand, they're more connected than Crysis 1 and 2 are. I'll end up getting it too, though.
Crysis is a lot more tactical than Call of Duty, but multiplayer on the PC is a little weak.
The fact that you're still here, not playing Portal, is a crime.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
haven't tried Crysis 1 nor 2, but I know for a fact Portal 2 is the game I've liked the most ever. It was actually the first time ever that I've been sad I finished a game because I wanted more of it.

edit: oh no, third time actually... first was fallout 3 and 2nd was mass effect 2
Portal 2 is the obvious answer.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
I thought you meant Time Crisis 2. I'm disappointed.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Crysis 2, because it is a better game. I hate most FPS games, especially COD, but Crysis is awesome.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Burgery
Crysis 2, because it is a better game. I hate most FPS games, especially COD, but Crysis is awesome.

Wrong. No, it's not your opinion, you are factually incorrect.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
im replaying portal 1 and its convinced me to buy a new computer that can run new games.
now extra flamey
How many people here have actually played through Crysis 2?
It seems like everyone has played Portal but no-one has even given Crysis a chance.
Yes, I do know my attempts at humour are terrible.

Seemingly UGs only cosplayer.
Quote by Joe:P
How many people here have actually played through Crysis 2?
It seems like everyone has played Portal but no-one has even given Crysis a chance.

I've played a bit but I didn't really see what was so special enough to make me want to buy it. I don't hate it by any means, I just prefer Portal.

So here's your chance: sell it to me. Explain what makes Crysis 2 so unique and so much more compelling than all the other cookie-cutter FPS games out there? What new stuff does it bring to the table? Not meant to be condescending, I'm genuinely interested in why people think it's so great.
Page 1 of 3