I currently have a Epiphone SG special that i play through a Ashdown G60R and I want to know if I should get a new guitar or amp first. I play about everything from acdc type stuff to Metallica to Asking Alexandia and really anything in between. I would like to know what I should upgrade first to get a better sound for what I play. MY budget will be around 1500$ and if anyone has any suggestions for gear feel free to list them.
Why not upgrade both?
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Quote by Strat007
Why not upgrade both?

This is not a bad idea with a budget like that.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
With that much cash spend 600ish on a guitar (agile or Schecter are your best bets for value) and the rest on an amp and you'll have quite a setup. Go brand new with the guitar and used for the amp since most amps just sit in one spot and never move anyways. Just my 2 cents.
Im going to take a look on the computer and see what I can find. The only problem is I live in a rural area and there is not many guitar shops around so I might end up having to order off the computer.