I'm having trouble with this song... I can't seem to get the rhythm right

Any pointers?
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
A lot of it is syncopated so you're going to be playing on the off beats. If you can, set your metronome to play 8th notes instead of quarter notes so you can get a better idea of where the notes lie. Also, try to be constantly subdividing the beat in your head (when you're counting think "One and two and three and four and"
"Forget the rules. If it sounds good, it is good."
-Eddie Van Halen
Thanks man, I actually got without using a metronome, I should've just tried more than twice

But I probably should start using a metronome and keeping rhythm consciously because I had no idea what you were talking about.

I have some idea, but you know... lol
what parts were you having trouble with?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Practice it slowly to the metronome. Work out any rhythms that give you trouble separately. you could try clapping the rhythms before you play it.

basically get really familiar with the piece.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at May 2, 2011,
Quote by Xiaoxi
what parts were you having trouble with?

Particulary the A-B-C#m part and then the D-A, just because that one happens like...out of nowhere it feels
Quote by TDKshorty
Particulary the A-B-C#m part and then the D-A, just because that one happens like...out of nowhere it feels

Is it that you can't strum the actual rhythm or that you can't change the chords fast enough to keep up?

If its the rhythm then practice it slower with a metronome and try out different strumming patterns. You don't have to always strum the chords like theres no tomorrow, sweep across some of the chords once and let them ring by themselves until its time to switch to the next one.

If you can't keep up with the chord changes, then maybe try out other positions. The A-B-C#m7 part I'd play as barre chords from the 6th string (577655 > 799877 > 911999).