Right, so I've been quite rightly told my timing is awful and my hands go out of sync sometimes, based on a cover of Duality. So can any of you experts (or anyone, lol) give me good ways to improve these two faults? I know they're fairly fundamental skills and they need work.

I've managed to reach grade two, but I know to get any further I'm gonna need to
- be able to keep to a steady beat with whole, quarter, eighth notes, etc.
- be able to keep my hands in sync with each other

And I know these will really hold me back. So please help me out on how to fix them? Thanks.
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube
Take simple exercises, start them slow. Increase the speed gradually. Use a metronome
One word: Metronome.
If you don't have one, get one...and if you have one, make it your best friend, take it to dinner, make sweet love to it, ect ect blah blah. Start slow and work your way up to speed... pretty self-explanatory
Yeah, downloaded one onto my iPod. So is it get comfortable with whole notes, then move to quarters, get comfortable, and so on?
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube
The metronome is just a tool - it's there to keep time for you, use it to keep a steady beat for you to follow when practicing or playing
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com