Probably one of the best things to happen to me in the history of ever.

Discuss how Suck My Blood can be played for every moment of the rest of auditory existence and the world would be a better place, debate how impossible it would be to put these songs in an order of greatest to greatester, converse how the rest of my CD collection has not touched my vehicles CD deck in a few weeks (aside from Altars of Madness which is an exception,) and finally lets talk about how if anyone post "Take this to the Beherit thread" we will refer them to the scientific law of Duncang's law;

"VampireGoldfish can post what ever he wants."

WE ARE EVIL
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Funnily enough, I revisited this album again a few weeks ago. I used to love The Oath of Black Blood when I was younger, but dont listen to it half as much now. Getting soft in my 'old' age, haha. Still think the band's best effort is Drawing Down The Moon, but Engram is really growing on me. Didnt think too much of it at all when it came out, seemed a bit like Beherit playing it...I dont know, safe? But its definitely a cool album - just not as demented as Ive come to expect from Beherit.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
To me, each Beherit's work is entirely separate from the next, though I really spend 0 time with their first ambient album as it is misguided and entirely fruitless trash.

Drawing Down The Moon is really awesome, but as a sequel to Oath of Black Blood it's utterly disappointing! But when you see them as separate entities, they both become these awesome pieces of music that just happen to share the same logo on the album cover. Could you imagine someone starting on Electric Doom Synthesis, then hearing Oath of Black Blood? I'd wager they'd be sincerely disappointed.

Beherit, much like Darkthrone, manage to attain the title of kick ass metal, not just a good example of a genre.

Let Engram sink into your veins and whisper its snarls into your ear Strangles!
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
I burnt my first hamburger because I was distracted by Engram
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Ha yeah I get you, they dont really give a shite about sticking to a formula, for the most part. Never liked the ambient stuff, and Messe Des Mortes - I have to say, is awful

I think Engram is gonna sit in those albums that I dont listen to for ages, then become pleasantly surprised with each time I throw it on.. which is no bad thing in itself! Its often horrible getting the urge to put on an album and sifting through reams and reams of cds though.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Take it to the Beherit thread.

Yeah, Engram is pretty great, but I do certainly prefer Drawing Down The Moon.
The burnt hamburger was so far the best tasting one.

This album is one of many talents.

The electronic background in All In Satan is sheer perfection.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
I'm actually checking out a bunch of their stuff for the first time. Only gone through old demos so far but it's pretty cool stuff, expecting the full lengths to be a lot sicker
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
I love Drawing Down the Moon, not sure why I've never checked out Engram. Will do that now.
last.fm
"the waves have now a redder glow..."
Quote by NotFromANUS
Electric Doom Synthesis is better.

Anyone worth half a fuck knows what you are going to post before you post it.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Listening to DDTM right now, what is up with the production? Guitars are waay too muffled and in the back, vocals are way too singled out and up front, have they ever remastered it or anything cause I just want to hear it with better mixing

Sumdeus
Megiiddoooo

Drawing Down The Moon is splendid
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by romencer17
Listening to DDTM right now, what is up with the production? Guitars are waay too muffled and in the back, vocals are way too singled out and up front, have they ever remastered it or anything cause I just want to hear it with better mixing

The production like being whispered sweet satanik insanity.

Engram is still pretty fucking great, just punches you in the face right from the get go with those relentless riffs, but I still feel it's (at its core) EDS with a BM aesthetic, I also feel EDS is a better album, but Engram is just so pummelling.

I'm also going to have to second what proggy said (Oath Bound is the only thing that approaches its glory).
Last edited by Deplorable at May 3, 2011,
Quote by romencer17

What's wrong with you?
Half the reason why I like it so much is because of the production.
now that jacob pointed out the whole space theme it makes a bit more sense conceptually, but still feels like guitars are lost and hidden while vocals are too in your face.

Sumdeus
Quote by romencer17
now that jacob pointed out the whole space theme it makes a bit more sense conceptually, but still feels like guitars are lost and hidden while vocals are too in your face.

So the production becomes better in one and a half hours because someone mentions the space theme? Oh well, I guess the context matters.
notice how I said "it makes a bit more sense conceptually" not, "it all of a sudden sounds different"

Sumdeus
Quote by Deplorable
The production like being whispered sweet satanik insanity.

Engram is still pretty fucking great, just punches you in the face right from the get go with those relentless riffs, but I still feel it's (at its core) EDS with a BM aesthetic, I also feel EDS is a better album, but Engram is just so pummelling.

I'm also going to have to second what proggy said (Oath Bound is the only thing that approaches its glory).

Deal with it
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
I simply know this is an album that will click with me some day.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Quote by we_built_a_tree
I simply know this is an album that will click with me some day.

you like EDM aye?

as previously stated...

EDM is like an electronic interpretation of black metal aye

Engram is like a black metal interpretation of meditative electronic music.

And whilst you are lurking this thread, my dear aquarian nosferatu, might I reccomend you checking out Blaspherian's Infernal Warriors of Death. Debut'd this year, a very good death metal release, possibly best release this year...that is, until I get an Autopsy full length in my grimy hands
HESSIAN HAREM
Quote by progbass
And whilst you are lurking this thread, my dear aquarian nosferatu, might I reccomend you checking out Blaspherian's Infernal Warriors of Death. Debut'd this year, a very good death metal release, possibly best release this year...that is, until I get an Autopsy full length in my grimy hands

Hey! I started the whole comparison of Engram to Infernal Warriors of Death. This is not a comparison that anyone else could have come to independent of me.

Also, how can you be so sure of the quality of Autopsy's upcoming release? What I've heard / seen has been meh to ok, so far.
Because I liked the new song. Silly name though.

Currently listening to Engram for the first time, and so far so good. I've been after something akin to the 90's BM. Just in that mood I suppose. Only at Axiom Heroine though, haha.
Quote by NotFromANUS
Hey! I started the whole comparison of Engram to Infernal Warriors of Death. This is not a comparison that anyone else could have come to independent of me.

Also, how can you be so sure of the quality of Autopsy's upcoming release? What I've heard / seen has been meh to ok, so far.

I suppose you did...fair nuff

I have only heard the ep from last year, it was pretty decent and got me eager for a full length. Will it top the legendaru first two? No, but quality material is always welcome.
HESSIAN HAREM
Quote by progbass
I suppose you did...fair nuff

Wait, was that here or some other place I made the comparison?
I do believe it was the black metal thread, but I could be mistaken as well.

In all honesty, I've been praising that album since the 4 tracks were released prior to the official release. I went so as far to claim aoty when it was released VIA our aidsbook geoup
HESSIAN HAREM
Ave Satan, Ave Lucifer, Ave Satan, Alla Xul
Ave Satan, Ave Lucifer, Ave Satan, Gigim Xul
Quote by progbass
you like EDM aye?

as previously stated...

EDM is like an electronic interpretation of black metal aye

Engram is like a black metal interpretation of meditative electronic music.

I always thought EDM was epic doom metal
Philosophy > Life