I am looking to see how I can get a good standard/John Scofield/ Will Bernard type of sound? I have an Ibanez AS73 and an AG75... Can anyone give me a good tipoff for these different types of tone?
Thanks!
Playin' for years...
Burst PRS Custom 24
Orange PRS SE Custom 24
Brown Ibanez AG75
Ivory Ibanez AS73
Blackberry Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Black ESP M-II
White Fender strat
Black "DG" Strat modified
Line6 Spider IV Head and Cab
I'm assuming you're using that Line Six in your signature?

I'd probably start with the bass at about 2 o'clock, mids at 11 or 12, and adjust the treble from there and mess around with the middle as needed. If there's a presence feature, or something to that effect, put that up pretty high. I'll just take some tweaking.

Once you get something nice, roll back the tone slightly on your neck 'bucker and put the volume knob at about 70%. For some reason, unbeknownst to me, the volume knob is the biggest kept secret for good tone in the world of guitar. You can make a Tele and 6505+ sound jazzy with the right guitar gain settings.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Thanks! I'll start with that!
Playin' for years...
Burst PRS Custom 24
Orange PRS SE Custom 24
Brown Ibanez AG75
Ivory Ibanez AS73
Blackberry Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Black ESP M-II
White Fender strat
Black "DG" Strat modified
Line6 Spider IV Head and Cab
I would keep the bass up, probably around 8, then have treble and middle at about half half way. For john scofield, really light gain, bridge pickup, and pick really close to the tail piece. That's what I do when I have to play scofield.
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard with Bigsby
Gibson Custom ES-137
Gibson Custom 54' Les Paul VOS Goldtop
Gretsch G6129T Silver Jet
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (modded)
1970 Fender Twin Reverb (blackfaced)