hey i'm getting (as says above) Fender Jazzmaster Blacktop i loved it as i'm used Epiphones and the neck is wider making chords so much easier to play and i love the humbucker but i was wondering about peoples opinions on the guitar and P90's as i've never played one or used it for differents styles because i will be playing metal, rock, blues, funk, reagge and jazz on this thing opinions of it?
Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone SG Special

Amps
HiWatt MaxWatt Gr100
Marshell MG30

Pedals
Digitech Grunge distortion
Digitech EX-7
Dunlop cry baby standard
Jekyll+Hyde Ulitmate Overdrive
Ibanez TS-7
BOSS ME-70
Jazzmasters don't have p-90s
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by kangaxxter
Jazzmasters don't have p-90s

The Blacktop has a humbucker bridge and a p90 neck
if you are looking for a true jazzmaster sound then this isn't it. as a jack of all trades guitar it's not bad. as mentioned the neck pickup isn't an actual P-90 (gibson pup) but is similar.
i'm not reli looking for a real jazzmaster i just love the different sounds i can get from this guitar and soz only said p-90 because had no idea what it's real name is :P
Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone SG Special

Amps
HiWatt MaxWatt Gr100
Marshell MG30

Pedals
Digitech Grunge distortion
Digitech EX-7
Dunlop cry baby standard
Jekyll+Hyde Ulitmate Overdrive
Ibanez TS-7
BOSS ME-70
Quote by nickdohle
The Blacktop has a humbucker bridge and a p90 neck

Nope. It has a Jazzmaster pickup (that's seriously what they're called). It's wider, flatter and features six-magnet construction similar to a strat pick-up. Fender didn't use Gibson pickups until they released the TC-90. And even now the only production model Fender that has P-90s is the Telecaster Custom Black Dove.

EDIT: The Blacktop JM is actually a really nice guitar. It still suffers from traditional Jazzmaster bridge problems and the usually Mexican Fender problems, but beyond that it sounds fantastic and can do pretty much anything (though, a pick-up upgrade would be necessary for "TEH UBER BROOTALZ") . It's also the only (stock) guitar the features a HB + JM Pickup combination.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Last edited by kangaxxter at May 2, 2011,
Quote by guitarsXdrums
i'm not reli looking for a real jazzmaster i just love the different sounds i can get from this guitar and soz only said p-90 because had no idea what it's real name is :P

that's cool but why ask us about it if you are already sold on loving it? if teh guitar speaks to you then that is all that counts.
i've been kind of wanting to find a blacktop jazzmaster for C standard (no bootalz)
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard with Bigsby
Gibson Custom ES-137
Gibson Custom 54' Les Paul VOS Goldtop
Gretsch G6129T Silver Jet
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (modded)
1970 Fender Twin Reverb (blackfaced)