I was offered a trade for my Squier Telecaster Standard w/GFS lil puncher in the bridge with a UX2 line 6 guitar modeling/recording unit. I owned one of these previously (it is the older red model) and it worked relatively well. I imagine I would be able to do more with it now with my increased knowledge of how to properly gain a good guitar tone for my style of music. I was interested in picking one of the newer units up so I could record test tracks and help me write with my band. This deal seems pretty good to me. I was just wondering do you guys think this is worth it? The literal value seems tilted in this other kids favor. Thoughts on the trade? Opinions of either/both products? Thanks.
What color is the telecaster? I like the newer Ux2s. They are better than the old. The big thing is if your computer is fast enough. I recommend 2-4gb of ram. Otherwise there will be latency.
The UX2 is pretty nice if you have headphones/speakers to do it justice.
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Quote by dimarzio77
What color is the telecaster? I like the newer Ux2s. They are better than the old. The big thing is if your computer is fast enough. I recommend 2-4gb of ram. Otherwise there will be latency.

Telecaster is in antique burst. I don't use it at all. It sounds okay but doesnt do my bands style as well as my Les Pauls or SG's
sounds like a good deal to me. you are giving something you don't use at all, and getting something you have a few great uses for
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
sounds like a good deal to me. you are giving something you don't use at all, and getting something you have a few great uses for

Good way of putting it. I think I'll make the trade.
Yeah go for it! I grabbed mine on CL for $100 and couldn't be happier. Got an Audix i-5 coming in on Thursday to hook up to it for micing my cab!
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Quote by Tyler.Allain
A nice pair of headphones is being included in the trade. I have 3 gigs of ram and am running windows 7.

Line 6 has not released a patch for the UX2 to be fully compatible with Windows 7. I had mine a few weeks ago and returned it for this very reason, because it was causing issues with my system (could not stream video like youtube or music on itunes, computer would freeze when shutting down, had to restart between sessions of recording and doing other activities). I called them and they could only tell me to try the current patch, which did not work. Sweetwater service did a remote session as well and couldn't solve the problem. I've done research and other Windows 7 users have had the same issues.
Quote by baf250
Line 6 has not released a patch for the UX2 to be fully compatible with Windows 7. I had mine a few weeks ago and returned it for this very reason, because it was causing issues with my system (could not stream video like youtube or music on itunes, computer would freeze when shutting down, had to restart between sessions of recording and doing other activities). I called them and they could only tell me to try the current patch, which did not work. Sweetwater service did a remote session as well and couldn't solve the problem. I've done research and other Windows 7 users have had the same issues.

I have been running my UX2 with Windows 7 for over 2 years now with no problems at all
Quote by baf250

You've got a botched install of windows. Much as I hate MS, Win 7 runs pretty much anything, even ancient stuff dating back to the 90's.