I'm currently in the process of building a customised remake of the '62 Maton Fyrbyrd
Though I'm in school at the moment of posting this thread so pictures will come later when I get home

Picture for reference.

Also, I have a question and it would be much appreciated if someone could help
If I were to use the GFS NYII Surface Mount Handmade Alnico Pickup in a 3 pick-up configuration, is it actually possible to use either one of those pick-ups (bridge or neck) as a middle pick-up?
Last edited by RenKaiya at Aug 13, 2011,
Wow, that'd look great. In answer to your question you can use any pickup anywhere but most pups are made to have a tone and response to suit a particular position. If they don't have a pickup they recommend for the middle position you can use either a neck or bridge model instead.
You're going to devalue that guitar so much by putting aftermarket parts on it. That thing is a collector's item, probably worth heaps.

EDIT: to me for not reading properly. To answer your question middle pickups are usually the same as the neck.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Last edited by consecutive e at May 3, 2011,
Pictures!

(also pictured is my random strat copy haha)

More questions!
Is anyone capable of drawing me a wiring diagram so I can wire these pickups with 2 volume knobs, tone and this modboard
any advice, help or criticism is appreciated
The top picture looks like a guitar shaped cake haha!
Gear:-
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall DSL50 (In the process of modding!)
Fender 2x12 Deville
Marshall 1960 (V30's)
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special
Fender 'Marcus Miller' Jazz Bass

My Band
Juturna

Last edited by Rossmillertarn! at Aug 13, 2011,
Wow. No pics of that neck inlay process? Looks awesome! Closeups nao.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
the inlays look like dotbuster stickers that you can buy on ebay. i could be wrong
Quote by ibanez2011
the inlays look like dotbuster stickers that you can buy on ebay. i could be wrong

You're correct
They are fairly convincing though
Quote by matt154
Wow, that'd look great. In answer to your question you can use any pickup anywhere but most pups are made to have a tone and response to suit a particular position. If they don't have a pickup they recommend for the middle position you can use either a neck or bridge model instead.

Quote by Most_Triumphant
Depends, I don't know what pickups go good with plywood. EMGs will make it sound like every other EMG guitar though.

Quote by JazzMunkeyy
it needs a silver flakes
and sara underwood
Cool that you're building a guitar, but IMO it would look much better if your body shape was closer to the original; for example, the horns are way off and the bottom/rear edge where the armrest is isn't the right shape
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Yeah, I made do with what I had, you'll get over it.
It's not exactly easy to get templates for a 50 year old guitar