So I need some advice and I have a couple of questions. I have an Epi PR150 and I want to upgrade to something better. IMO, most of anything is better than the PR150. Its buzzy as hell and that bothers me. Im looking at a few different ones.

How does the Washburn WD10 compare to the Mitchel MD300S? Which one is better?

How does the Yamaha FG700S compare to the Ibanez V200S?

I want one that has relatively low action, and isnt buzzy at all or is rarely buzzy(I know its asking alot for my price range, which is strictly under $200).

Are there any other acoustics out there that you guys know of that have nice low action and are not buzzy for $200 or under?

I played around on the V200S and liked it, but didnt get to seriously sit down and jam on it.

Any advice is welcome, thanks yall!
Epiphone PR-4E
Epiphone PR150
Epiphone Thunderbird IV
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
(lol, think I like epis?)
Well, I've got an FG700S, and I love it to death. No buzz, action is low but it isn't stupid low. I'd get the Yammy if I were you, but that's probably because I already have
Quote by SeveralSpecies
That's not what your mother said.

That's right. You aint the only one working with cows.

DOUBLE MOM JOKE!

Yeah thats the one Im leaning more toward. They sound amazing and look amazing. How is the sound on it? I HAVE to use cleartones to even get a slight bright sound on my pr150.
Epiphone PR-4E
Epiphone PR150
Epiphone Thunderbird IV
It's fairly bright, little bottom heavy but its far from unbalanced. It dirties up pretty good too; once you start strumming heavy it "overdrives" well (if you know what I mean...as much as an acoustic can)
Quote by SeveralSpecies
That's not what your mother said.

That's right. You aint the only one working with cows.

DOUBLE MOM JOKE!

A guitar that "buzzes" (I'm assuming you're referring to fret buzz) isn't necessarily a bad instrument. Getting a full setup (Restring, intonation, action, truss rod) can eliminate this buzz and make your guitar play like a much more expensive instrument. You can get a full setup at your local music store for $40-$50. Maybe try that before you get a new guitar.
the yamaha fg700s is without a doubt the best of the guitars you listed. it doesn't come with the lowest factory action, but perhaps you can lower it yourself a bit or maybe you'll be fine with it. any guitar with low action will buzz when strummed hard, and if you don't maintain proper humidity, that can also cause buzzing.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Ahh gotcha. Yeah im going to use my PR150 as a travel guitar, but I want the fg700 for gigs. Anyone know how low the action is from the factory on the fg700S ? I play songs with alot of chords so I guess I would need the action as low as possible, but keep it so It wont buzz as bad.
Epiphone PR-4E
Epiphone PR150
Epiphone Thunderbird IV
The action's pretty decent on most of the ones I've played. I probably sold and demo'ed about 2 dozen of those guitars when I worked at my local music store. Overall great action, intonation was spot-on. I do quite a bit of strumming and fingerstyle, and it played perfectly. The FG700S is the clear winner in this price range.

RS93