this is a thread about first gigs, what moves get you more punani and what not to do.
im playing a gig the 20th and im feeling like doing some epic moves to get massive amounts of punani.
jk i need ideas im going to do jumps and shit cause i always do but i need to plan it out lol. im not burning or breaking any of my gear so dont suggest going hendrix on my guitar or going townshend on my amp.
GOOOOO!
press ctrl + w
I would use a search bar as a pick.
But really, don't go too crazy, because we all know it's difficult to move while you're playing if you haven't done it before. Get into your songs, but stay conservative enough to play well still for now.
I wouldn't jump around and stuff, especially if it's your first gig and you probably won't have many people that have seen you before. You might look a bit stupid. I remember for our first gig we were all pretty stationary and our singer was the one going mental. But it suits our style
Check out my fitness blog here
Jumping around and shit is fine, as long as it matches the music, doesn't look ridiculous, and the vibe is right in the music and room. It's best to stay in a small area and groove to the music, because you can look like an idiot from someone who's never seen you's perspective. But if the audience is digging it, and you guys are playing tight, I see no reason not to amp up the energy with a bit of movement.

And most importantly, if you do start doing crazy shit, make sure you don't screw up your playing. I don't care how good your stage presence is, if your playing is shit, I am not impressed.
Just play and be yourself. If you are a natural entertainer, you will do something. If not don't worry about it. Just focus on playing well, because the first time nerves are terrible.

Im kind of in the same situation. Im rapping for the first time in public on the 13th. I don't want to act like the stereotypical rapper though, but I figure i'll be fine.
most of them are punk songs you know no hard solos just easy power chords i feel pretty confident about it so ima go for jumping i made this thread for the lulz but everyones being all negative about it. =(
press ctrl + w
Quote by chestercheetah
most of them are punk songs you know no hard solos just easy power chords i feel pretty confident about it so ima go for jumping i made this thread for the lulz but everyones being all negative about it. =(

JUMP THEN
Check out my fitness blog here