Hello everyone, i have an old Fender Bass amp (not that old....but thats irrelevant) i was wondering if it is safe for the amp to run an iPod through it

What i want to do is route my iPod through my bass pedal and out to my bass amp and guitar amp separately, then practice to songs through this set up.

My biggest concern though is if putting this through the bass amp is in some way bad for it or if i could blow anything ect, any help is greatly appreciated , thanks
Last edited by Chaoscope at May 2, 2011,
Quote by Chaoscope
Hello everyone, i have an old Fender Bass amp (not that old....but thats irrelevant) i was wondering if it is safe for the amp to run an iPod through it

What i want to do is route my iPod through my bass pedal and out to my bass amp and guitar amp separately, then practice to songs through this set up.

My biggest concern though is if putting this through the bass amp is in some way bad for it or if i could blow anything ect, any help is greatly appreciated , thanks

why?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Simply because then it can serve to allow it to be output through two channels...i dont have any sort of split to my amps from my iPod, the pedal will act as a pre-amp for it too..its just easier that way (its a multi-effects digital pedal)..
THe ipod allready has its own amp for the headphones, youre gunna be adding a lot of colour from all this because youre over complicating it.

Itll be fine yes, i dont see why you need it through both amps though.
Alright, ya my goal was to run it through both though so i can hear the highs a bit better through the guitar amp, and then ill actually be able to hear the bass because of the bass amp, but thanks for the info