- so be nice

Rate my guitar solo.

Improvising over a loop I recorded, there are a few bits I would remove or clean up if it was for anything important (there are also a few bits Im pretty proud of too), but this is the unedited improvised solo so let me know what you think.

Cheers

link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAB0A5LNSj4
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at May 2, 2011,
Cool! I like the tones. The lead tones pretty creamy and smooth sounding.
Nice, and very good for your first video!
Some very cool licks in there.
Ditto what DavidRay said, the only suggestion I have is not exactly about the song. I think you should change the title, make a name besides "Guitar Solo." Maybe something like "Blues Prelude in E minor" or "Creamy Skies" or something appealing, but make sure you include your username and put something like "original composition" in the title too. And, great solo man, very nice improv.
nice classic sound and tone. Made me think of that song "this is it" dunno who sings it. Everything went together well. Great finish very impressive. Love the whole vibe. Needed a lil more color. May be some vocals etc. good use of bends and slides .

bottom line very good keep up the good work. also ya change the title of song.
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Last edited by silly6-string at May 3, 2011,
Quote by Skullivan
Ditto what DavidRay said, the only suggestion I have is not exactly about the song. I think you should change the title, make a name besides "Guitar Solo." Maybe something like "Blues Prelude in E minor" or "Creamy Skies" or something appealing, but make sure you include your username and put something like "original composition" in the title too. And, great solo man, very nice improv.

Agreed.
I just realized a bunch of my videos are named like that too.
Good tip.
Cheers for the comments. Never thought of giving it a name as it was really just an improv off a loop, with not much structure.

Any tips on how to add vocals to a rhythm like this? Ive been toying with using the melody I played in the first 30 seconds or minute as a verse vocal melody but it seems really cheesy and I cant write lyrics for it.

And the really shreddy bit at the end (when the paul gilbert picture appears) was kinda meant as a joke but I liked how it sounded so kept it.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do