Back in 2009, I went with my parents (I was 13 or 14 at the time, am 15 now) to a pawn shop just to look around, and saw a guitar that I really thought looked awesome (Aria Pro II ZZ Deluxe). Being the beginner that I was (and pretty much still am), I didn't play the guitar first to test it out. My parents bought it for me that Christmas, and I played it for a little bit, and then just basically forgot about it, and put it in behind my piano in my room.

Right now, my main guitar is at the guitar shop being fixed, due to a problem with the wiring in it, and the only other guitar I have to play is the one from the pawn shop. I've been playing it for the past few hours, and I really like it, except for a few things.

It has a few dead spots in it, and when I play those frets (particulary the 18th fret), it's just a little clinking sound. I'm not sure what's causing this, or if it can be fixed. I'm assuming it's the neck. There are a few cracks on the neck, and paint chips in some places on the guitar.

Another thing, I think the wires going to the pickups are messed up. When I plug it into my amp, the signal goes in and out when moving it.

Is there any way that I could restore this guitar to it's previous glory? If I remember correctly, I took it to the guitar shop in my town (there's only one) and they said that it would be hard to fix, because they don't know if they still make the model anymore.

Although it is a Gibson Explorer ripoff, it actually plays pretty good in my opinion, and sounds good as well.

If I remember correctly, I took it to the guitar shop in my town (there's only one) and they said that it would be hard to fix, because they don't know if this model is made anymore.

For reference, here are pictures of the guitar:
Front
Back
Firstly, "hard to fix because it's not made anymore" really doesn't make sense with guitars. Cars, sure. Guitars, no.

How bad are the neck cracks? Superficial or structural? Could potentially be fixed with wood glue and some clamps, or the neck could be a write-off. If the neck is okay, then it sounds like it really just needs to be rewired and have a setup done. Any decent guitar-store should be able to it easily.

What's going on with the bridge/vibrato btw? Looks... colourful.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Quote by ub3r_bassist666
Firstly, "hard to fix because it's not made anymore" really doesn't make sense with guitars. Cars, sure. Guitars, no.

How bad are the neck cracks? Superficial or structural? Could potentially be fixed with wood glue and some clamps, or the neck could be a write-off. If the neck is okay, then it sounds like it really just needs to be rewired and have a setup done. Any decent guitar-store should be able to it easily.

What's going on with the bridge/vibrato btw? Looks... colourful.

I think someone painted the bridge or something. I plan on getting a new one put in, if possible.

About the neck cracks, I don't know how bad they are, but I'm pretty sure that they don't go far into the wood, if even at all.
Sounds like the shop cant do any major work on guitars besides a polish and restring.....Try finding an actual Guitar tech and see what they can do. as stated above you can put diffrent mix mach parts on it, and it will work(if the work is done right)
Your store is talking absolute bull.

Anyway, first up is to open up the control cavity and check for loose wires or anything that doesn't look sturdy. A bit of contact cleaner in the jack probably wouldn't go amiss either.

The frets will be more difficult since it sounds like they need leveling off, but a store should be able to do that for you.

If it's a pawn shop guitar it could probably do with a decent setup and a good cleaning off as well. Looks a cool 80's guitar though.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey