Yeah I just got a Damien 7 made by Schecter and I was wondering... Is there any songs (other than the songs by KoRn) I could learn that's fairly easy. I'd like to learn some so I can get used to it.
Quote by jonathan92
schecter damien 7 is one monster of a guitar.

[Proud owner of a Schecter Damien 7]
Quote by Robert353
Yeah I just got a Damien 7 made by Schecter and I was wondering... Is there any songs (other than the songs by KoRn) I could learn that's fairly easy. I'd like to learn some so I can get used to it.

Congrats on the move to 7-string! I myself will have my first 7-string arriving this week, the Dean RC7x. I'm probably gonna jump right in by learning some 7-string chords, scales and Shogun-era Trivium songs
Suicide Silence is pretty simple usually and they play 7 string guitars. Although ill probably get flamed to hell for suggesting a deathcore band.
Originally Posted by strat0blaster
No matter what you like, you will like Meshuggah.

FREE GUITAR STRINGS!
If you tune the low B down to an A you can play Citizen Erased from Muse. That's pretty easy.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
I do tune my 7 string down to drop-A (is that what you call it?) I love how deep and smooth it sounds. I just can't get used to it. I've been trying to practice six string songs but I keep forgetting there's an extra string there.
Quote by jonathan92

Dream Theater haz seven strings?
Quote by jonathan92

Lacuna Coil has absurdly simply 7-string rhythm parts, some of them are just chugging quarter notes. You can also use a 7-string to play doom metal that was written for B; there are some great simple songs on Type O Negative's albums Bloody Kisses and Life is Killing Me. Bongzilla has written wonderful stuff for B, but you have to be able to keep really slow time if you want to play it on your own.
HOLY CRAP! That's some sick Theater, can't believe I never heard this song.
Quote by jonathan92

Quote by Robert353
Dream Theater haz seven strings?

dark eternal night
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Fear Factory have SOME really good songs. And they are all in B standard (from memory).
Quote by jpnyc
Lacuna Coil has absurdly simply 7-string rhythm parts, some of them are just chugging quarter notes.
They also do some interesting clean parts with obscure 7-string chords occasionally. They'd be a good one to start with for just getting used to the feel of a 7-string.
Quote by super_strat
"A Change of Seasons" by Dream Theater is a pretty easy song save for a few small sections.

This
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Quote by (sic)duckmaggot
Suicide Silence is pretty simple usually and they play 7 string guitars. Although ill probably get flamed to hell for suggesting a deathcore band.

The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Try some Periphery, i dont know how difficult it actually is since i dont own a 7 string but it sounds simple enough. Try Icarus Lives by them
Fear Factory will get your rhythm playing tight as shit.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by 3lusiv3
Fear Factory have A LOT of really good songs. And some of them are in B standard (from memory).

fixed
Kombat Gear:

Last edited by some1fat at May 3, 2011,
          Fear Factory = Rythm tightness?
          Quote by jonathan92

Quote by some1fat
          fixed

Fair enough. I just haven't really listened to much of them past Soul of a New Machine. Time to break out the newer stuff I guess.
          Quote by Robert353
          Fear Factory = Rythm tightness?

Have you heard the way that Dino Cazares and Raymond Herrera played with each other? Their whole style was focused on being robotic tight.
          Quote by 3lusiv3
          Fair enough. I just haven't really listened to much of them past Soul of a New Machine. Time to break out the newer stuff I guess.

Obsolete and Demanufacture are their best albums.
          Quote by dudetheman
          So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
          Last edited by DaddyTwoFoot at May 3, 2011,
          I think I'm gonna finish getting used to my 7 string before I even think about doing Dream Theater or Fear Factory.
          Quote by jonathan92

Trapt have some fun 7-string songs - the obvious one is "Headstrong" but I like "Made of Glass" and "Still Frame" better.

Baritone-guitar stuff is good on 7-string, too: "The Incident" by Porcupine Tree and "Welcome to the Fold" by Filter come to mind.
          Gibson ES-137C
          Parker P8EN
          AC Custom Special P Bass
          Last edited by sonic_777111 at May 4, 2011,
          Alright, I need to get some stuff straight here.

Dream Theater has a lot of 7 string tunes, one of the earliest and most fun being Lie, a  piece that I  would recommend for its relative rhythmic simplicity, variety and fun factor, though the first solo is no walk in the park.

Also I have no idea what your people's definition of easy is. Nothing Periphery does is particularly easy. The opening section from Icarus Lives! isn't too bad, but requires lots of metronome time to get the rhythm right. The verse material only gets more difficult to count. You can't skimp on metronome time there or you'll never actually play it accurately.

As for A Change of Seasons, it's certainly not as difficult to count, but a lot of the early arpeggio shapes are hard to nail and require lots of accurate pick work and muting. It's not the kind of piece that can be learned and nailed quickly - at least  in my experience. There are also a ton of sections, making slow work for memorization.