Okay, so i'm a noob with guitar building. I'm currently working on a body project but decided my next project should be a seven string. I want to build the neck myself this go round.

My question is: If i order a fretboard from online or some store, are they all the same size or will i have to find one specifically for seven string guitars? Are six and seven string fretboards the same size?
you will have to find one that suited for 7 string guitars. More specifically, one that meets the needs of your nut width and bridge width. You can probably buy a slotted board and then worry about the taper when you do the neck, just make sure its wide enough
No they are not, due to there being an extra string. You'll have to look for a 7 string board, since a 6 string blank is just enough for its use already. Best of Luck
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
The fretboards you get from places like stewmac and LMI come big enough for just about anything you want to do with them including using them for 7 or 8 strings.
Quote by matt154
The fretboards you get from places like stewmac and LMI come big enough for just about anything you want to do with them including using them for 7 or 8 strings.

Not true, just got one from Stewmac, the heel was just able to fit on at 58mm. Mine came with a width of 60mm or so.
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.