Hey I'm not certain its allowed for me to ask questions about fixing in this part of the forum but I didn't see another forum that would better suit it.

I am right now as I writing this restringing my Floyd rose on my Jackson RR24 and I was tightening the machine head with a wrench as instructed in the restringing a Floyd rose video I saw on you tube and i guess i was over tightening it and i heard some noise come from it and now its loose, so is there any easy solution for repairing this? or must I purchase a new machine head? its the low E machine head for the guitar

In addition does anyone know how I can keep the tremolo bar on my Jackson RR24 tight instead of loosening up every so often and just hanging? as it really does limit my use of the whammy bar. Also is there any other advice for inspecting my guitar that I am restringing like checking stuff out or tightening?

So any advice on either of these topics would be much appreciated thanks in advance!
"
Every band that is favored in the genre sells-out and commercializes... That's just the way it is :/"

ESP SV standard
Ibanez RG7321
Last edited by monobrow7 at May 3, 2011,
I put a light layer of superglue around the tuning peg and let it dry. If you put too much on just use some nail polish remover. As for the whammy, try going behind in the body cavity and tightening it with an allen wrench.
Is it the tuning peg, or the nut thats the issue?
As for the whammy bar, just keep turning it clockwise to screw it in, it'll eventually get to the end and stay in that location.
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Wait yeah its the machine head thats loose somethings wrong its the only one loose and its the low E one, and the whammy bar does not stay in when i tighten it, it just keeps coming loose again and hanging. I have tightened the back of the floyd and its still not working, please help more advice please, shouldn't it have an Origninal floyd rose since is an RR24?
"
Every band that is favored in the genre sells-out and commercializes... That's just the way it is :/"

ESP SV standard
Ibanez RG7321
Last edited by monobrow7 at May 3, 2011,
bump...
"

ESP SV standard
Ibanez RG7321
Explorerbuilder im looking for intellectual advice not some useless advice you have no clue about, floyds can be tightened full they don't always hang down i have two guitars with floyds one stays in place and the other one doesn't. As well I AM talking about machine head don't
assume things and make an ass out of yourself, I know what machine heads are and where they are that is the damn problem is with the machine head! NO advice is even given just some morons posting stuff that is absolutely useless.
"

ESP SV standard
Ibanez RG7321
Wow, you Canadians really are pricks.

Can you tighten the screw on the machine head? If not, you probably stripped it, and while you can try filling it with something like JB weld or making a metal insert for it, chances are you will need a new one.

As for the Floyd: Tighten the screw in the cavity, it should be a little allen screw, not the screw that tightens the springs, the one that directly effects the Trem. Arm. IF that does not work, or you already did that, you probably also stripped the Trem Arm, it happens, I have stripped 2 out of my 6 before, it happens when you tighten it too tight or tight too often (its more of wearing down the threads than actually stripping, but, you get it). I usually let my Floyds hang these days, but that is how I learned to play, you just need a new Trem arm.
Quote by Wylde_Life
Wow, you Canadians really are pricks.

You sir are very ignorant. You cannot judge all of Canada just by one person.
He lives in Surrey anyways, Surrey is the ghetto of all of Canada, and it's not even that bad compared to most of the ghettos in the US.

Quote by monobrow7
Explorerbuilder im looking for intellectual advice not some useless advice you have no clue about, floyds can be tightened full they don't always hang down i have two guitars with floyds one stays in place and the other one doesn't. As well I AM talking about machine head don't
assume things and make an ass out of yourself, I know what machine heads are and where they are that is the damn problem is with the machine head! NO advice is even given just some morons posting stuff that is absolutely useless.

Oh dear god...
Explorerbuilder not having any clue of what he's talking about?
You crack me up. Explorerbuilder is one of the very knowledgeable.
I see nothing wrong with his post in the least.

You also called nowa90 a moron as well, he is another knowledgable member of this forum.
Next time you ask for help on a forum, be nice to the regulars.

By the way, Original Floyd Rose bars are supposed to hang like that.

--timbit
..I was watching my death.
Last edited by timbit2006 at May 4, 2011,
Quote by timbit2006
You sir are very ignorant. You cannot judge all of Canada just by one person.
He lives in Surrey anyways, Surrey is the ghetto of all of Canada, and it's not even that bad compared to most of the ghettos in the US.

I'm just messin. I am originally from Canada, lol. Or should I say, eh?
Quote by Wylde_Life
I'm just messin. I am originally from Canada, lol. Or should I say, eh?

Alright, I'll let it slide this time.
*timbit calls to his polar bear* "Sorry girl, looks like there'll be no hunt today!"
..I was watching my death.
timbit honestly i dont care how regular they are if they just assume things that i am talking about something other than what I really am talking about and say complete retarded statements just like you have; that Original Floyd Rose's tremolos just hang then i will let them know what i think maybe i was too harsh and ill tone it down a bit. Anyways so the tightening didn't work so ill try another tremolo then if that doesn't work? I guess it could be stripped on the floyd rose and not the tremolo bar?

As for the machine head It wouldnt work to clue it back in? its just the machine head that came off and the peice that gets tightened with a wrench only on the low E string, I would rather not have to go get it fixed do to how long it will take to get the repair done so if there is any other way it would be very helpful indeed thanks again guys!
"

ESP SV standard
Ibanez RG7321
Quote by monobrow7
timbit honestly i dont care how regular they are if they just assume things that i am talking about something other than what I really am talking about and say complete retarded statements just like you have; that Original Floyd Rose's tremolos just hang then i will let them know what i think maybe i was too harsh and ill tone it down a bit. Anyways so the tightening didn't work so ill try another tremolo then if that doesn't work? I guess it could be stripped on the floyd rose and not the tremolo bar?

As for the machine head It wouldnt work to clue it back in? its just the machine head that came off and the peice that gets tightened with a wrench only on the low E string, I would rather not have to go get it fixed do to how long it will take to get the repair done so if there is any other way it would be very helpful indeed thanks again guys!

Most likely the bar. I have never seen a stripped floyd bridge.

You could try glueing the machine head, if it works, yay! If it doesn't, well then you are in the same boat as you are if you didn't glue it. Glue may not last long since you turn it, but its worth a shot.

And you wont need to take it in to get fixed, you can simply just buy a new tuner or new set of tuners, real easy to install yourself.