I wrote and recorded this song over the weekend. I'm not totally sure what to classify it as.

If It's You, I'm Not; If It's Me, It's You Who Isn't

C4C

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
The music is rock. My only honest critic is cut the screaming, something with some more... melody, sprinkled with anger would fit the music better in my opinion. It's tight \m/ I really like it man.
Mix is great...well produced. the vox are well done as well...though i did struggle with the content. Very ambient...the polar to chill that's for sure.
Good work dude more of the same please.
At the start, I believe the guitars are missing some bite to them. When the vocals/sample entered, it helped diversify it. The vocals might want to be meshed into the mix a little better, either with some verb or otherwise. Volumewise, they're fine, but I'm sure if they blend well enough. If it happens to be the style of the vocalist, try maybe a throatier sound like Intronaut: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZYhDtg31Wc

Overall, it's solid, but it loses my attention. Some things to consider: Bassier, blend vocals better, more bite to the guitar. If this is the style you're going for, by all means, ignore me entirely. Solid track. I hope to hear more soon.

P.S. Thanks for checking out my track =]
Quote by recklessnick
but my fav tech deathcore band is actually emmure. i'd never be able to play **** like that in a million years seriously.
Quote by Spwee1494
At the start, I believe the guitars are missing some bite to them. When the vocals/sample entered, it helped diversify it. The vocals might want to be meshed into the mix a little better, either with some verb or otherwise. Volumewise, they're fine, but I'm sure if they blend well enough. If it happens to be the style of the vocalist, try maybe a throatier sound like Intronaut: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZYhDtg31Wc

Overall, it's solid, but it loses my attention. Some things to consider: Bassier, blend vocals better, more bite to the guitar. If this is the style you're going for, by all means, ignore me entirely. Solid track. I hope to hear more soon.

P.S. Thanks for checking out my track =]

Funny you mention Intronaut; I picked up Prehistoricisms yesterday because a friend has been insisting that I'd love it (and I do). I definitely am going to emulate that vocal style in the future.

And so this isn't spam: All crits have been duly noted. When finals are over I'm re-recording the screams (which are all samples from other songs I've recorded btw), laying down a real bass track (currently it's just pitch shifted guitar), remapping drums, and re-amping the guitars with less fuzz, more snarl.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
I liked it for the most part. I really was hoping that it would go somewhere different though. It just kinda seemed to drone on and n forever. Which is fine in some aspects but I certainly would've liked to hear something different. The screams aren't bad at all and the overall sound was pretty good when they were thrown in.

Here's mine: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1438714
Thanks so much for your input on my song man! Seriously, best crit ever.

I'm having a hard time trying to form an opinion of your song. I'm not a fan of post-metal and I honestly don't know what's expected of a good post-metal song, or what you intended to do with it. The main things are this:

Everything is all nice and reverby, except the vocals. They need to blend in a lot more with the rest of the song, but as they are, they stand out as dry and two-dimensional. Reverb the shit outta those, and distort the crap out of them, too. Make them match the spoken-word samples in the song. Unless this is exactly what you wanted, in which case, don't change them.

Guitar tone is nice and thick, and the bass is really clear, but lacking in heaviness. It's sorta plunky. I like the way the bass grooves are written, and they take the song in their own direction sometimes.

Drums are arranged nicely, but sound pretty dry. Is there any kind of room reverb on them? This is totally up to you, but I just wanna toss out the idea of throwing a really gnarly sounding delay or reverb on the snare. Just to make every hit go PSHHHH or POP POP POp pop pop... It would be unique and interesting. :P

Normally I would complain about the song dragging along and not being very dynamic in arrangement, but I think that's what post-metal is supposed to be like, so in that case...good job!

Overall it's a good sounding, solid tune. I can't really relate to this stoner-y stuff, so sorry if my review was a bit on the vague side. Thanks so much again for your amazing crit of my song, and it definitely helped!!
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Hey man, just gonna list my thoughts.

-Nice lead tone, good use of reverb etc.
-With a real bass it should sound a bit punchier. I think a more bass heavy eq, or sound in general would sound really cool here.
-Vocals are a bit out, but if you record them it should be tons better. It would be cool if you layered them with some cleans or something, not sure if that's possible, just an idea.
- 2.50 mark I feel a little bored, perhaps a little change in the bridge? Something subtle would fit I think, even if it's just through the drums or whatever. I know it's post- like others have mentioned, but when I listen to Isis or whatever I don't general feel like it's being repetitive.

c4c? also posty metalish stuff. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=27105853#post27105853