Guitar: Dean EVO XM
Amp: Marshall MG10
Cable: 20ft Professional low noise cable

I also have a problem with my effects pedal but I think i must solve my amp problem first.

I'm using my amp in a tiled room.

I watched this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyyPz_1_rFI

I followed the settings at 3:31, making sure that my channel button is selected.

It seems that the sound is far from the video.
My sound: http://h1.ripway.com/danielgomez23/marshallmg10.m4a
Solve the amp problem by scrapping the amp and getting something that is designed to produce a good sound, rather than designed to be cheap as the crap tone it produces.
Err, are you sure you switched it to the overdrive channel? It doesn't sound like there's any gain in that at all. Is the volume on your guitar turned to full?

Otherwise I wouldn't trust that vid anyways, there's quite a bit of production happening to that sound, I doubt it's the real sound the amp makes straight out of the box. Compare it to some home-made vids of the MG.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
Err, are you sure you switched it to the overdrive channel? It doesn't sound like there's any gain in that at all. Is the volume on your guitar turned to full?

Otherwise I wouldn't trust that vid anyways, there's quite a bit of production happening to that sound, I doubt it's the real sound the amp makes straight out of the box. Compare it to some home-made vids of the MG.

yeah it's in overdrive channel. Gain is at 9'oclock position. T
Good option: Sell, or even give that damn amp away and get a decent one. That video was probably professionally post-EQ'ed, and still sounded like crap (no offense)

Not-so-good option: OD and EQ pedals. But better amp is better.
Guitars:
-Agile Interceptor Pro 7-string
-PRS SE Standard

Amps:
-Bugera 6262 2x12 combo
-B-52 AT-100

Pedals (rarely used):
-Digitech Whammy
-BBE Green Screamer OD
-Morley Bad Horsie 2 wah

Home made cabinets and cables
Now that it's been established that a MG10 is a POS.

How about actaully trying to help the TS?

Things like actually recommending some better amps.

Getting a decent quality modeler would be a good choice for a decent practice amp.

A Pravy Vypyr 15 is 10 times the amp that a MG10 is and only cost $100

Bump the budget to $200 and you can get a Vox VT20+ or a Peavy Vypyr 30.

I'd recommend playing both the Vypyr and the VT+ to see which one has the tone you want...
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Guys, this is GB&C, not GG&A. TS started this thread to ask for help on how to fix is his amp. If getting a new amp were an option, I'm sure he would have told us, and this thread would thus be posted in GG&A. Let's try to refrain from giving him recommendations for a new amp and just focus on helping him fix his current amp, which is what he asked for help with in the first place.
Quote by salgala2000

He didn't ask for suggestions on new amps. He made this thread for us to help him fix his current amp.

just saying..cuz I think he won't fix it
"Rise and rise again until lambs become lions!"
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
No, you shouldn't pour beer on your guitar.
As true as it may be that the quality of the amp is the problem and we are free to point that out. It's still a lazy answer to say, "buy a new amp," without even addressing other possibilities for increasing the effectiveness of the current amp.
"Words"
Just As I Am

MD PRS Style Semi-Hollow
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Mesa Dual Rectifier
2x12 Celestion 30's
Kustom 200
8x10 EMC's
By the way, listening to your sound file makes me think that something is either wrong with your channel selector, or your guitar output if that's all the gain you can get from the amp on a driven channel. If that is all you get out of your guitar on full volume, perhaps you should check your guitar for possible issues by trying your guitar out on a different amplifier. If none of your friends will let you use theirs, most guitar shops allow you to bring your own axe in to test equipment.
"Words"
Just As I Am

MD PRS Style Semi-Hollow
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Mesa Dual Rectifier
2x12 Celestion 30's
Kustom 200
8x10 EMC's