HI All

I am pretty serious about buying a resonator in the next couple of weeks but as I am long-term out of work with a busted back I have 2 problems, getting around to shops to try the guitars and obviously the budget.

It seems like a bit of a minefield to me what with the different types of cones and body materials so I really need some help with my purchase. I would say I can stretch to £400 max but would rather pay £300 if poss. The music I am into currently is Robert Johnson, Black Keys, RL Burnside, skip James, Seasick Steve, bit of Clapton and love the old delta blues style, and I would say I am still a beginner/intermediate player but with a massive passion to learn slide blues.

I would prefer a guitar with join at more than 12th fret to allow me to easily play a bit higher up the neck and asthetically is gorgeous so I am tempted to pick it up every spare minute of the day.

Should I be looking for new or second hand on Ebay etc...? I would love some advice on what is the best guitar for my budget please, I have been looking at these guitars for a long time now and it really is time for me to jump in and buy one so any advice would be wondeful, thanks!!
Last edited by bootcutboy at May 3, 2011,
i actually liked the fender $399 sunburst resonator i tried locally. which was a surprise because most of fender "acoustic" stuff in that price range makes me hurl.

my advice is that if you buy online, you do so through a retailer that gives you a "return for full refund" grace period. this way you can test it thoroughly and decide if it is worth your money.

good luck, try a ceramic slide just because i like them for delta stuff.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.