So long story short, I want to become a prison guard in the southeastern united states. Its a private company prison, run by CCA, if it matters. Do I need to be a cop or go to cop school, etc. or can I simply show up and be like "let me guard your prisoners for you."
"I can see that we speak the wrong notes."

Warlock NJ Deluxe (haters gonna hate)
Crate EL-10G
Inb4 Prison is evil.

I would imagine you could apply with just your CV to the company, but I doubt they would be interested in hiring you if you have no prior experience.

Surely they would tell you how to apply via their website?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
What you really need is a new amp
Sergio 'Checo' Perez 2013 Formula One World Drivers Champion
this is ****ing serious. goddamn shit eating twats.

and yeah I would think so too tom, but its just a bunch of corporate puffery. no real info.

Crate EL-10G
Last edited by satanicgurrl at May 3, 2011,
Quote by satanicgurrl
private company prison

That's so fuçking unethical.

OT: I believe you'd apply just like any other law enforcement job, although I also think the requirements are much lower.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
All you have to do is apply, go through a couple interviews during which they ask you some "what would you do in ________ situation" questions, and you're probably in like sin. I think the "training" only lasts like a couple days. A friend of mine does this for a living, and that's pretty much how he described it.

edit: Either way, it's not like being a real cop, there's no academy and shit.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at May 3, 2011,
Erm ring them up and ask? Learn to spell might help...but I doubt it.
E Family
E-Son to OldiebutNewbie
E-Brother to Andrea55
E-Brother to guitarxo
E-Uncle to Basti95
Quote by satanicgurrl

and yeah I would think so too tom, but its just a bunch of corporate puffery. no real info.

Reactions like that wont help you here or in your desired profession

Well if thats the case, contact them directly as mention by the guy above me. That way at least it shows your interested and willing to actually do something towards working for them.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by satanicgurrl

I think you'll fit right in as a prison guard.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
And don't think you'll stroll in there like Captain Hadley from Shawshank, cursing at or beating inmates whenever you feel like it. If you even make obscene gestures at an inmate, they can get you in shit with your superiors.
Quote by sean1784

lol well diddle. I cant believe I missed that. looks like Im not qualified for any positions at he facility I have to work at.

back to the drawing board.

Quote by demon.guitarist
May I ask why you want to be a prison guard? It's an unusual profession.

its simple, tiny little asian murdered my brother. Turned himself in before I could get him on the street. Couldnt get him in the courthouse. So I figured Id get him in prison. been trying to figure out how to break into a prison for a few weeks now. It just now dawned on me that I could simply be a guard, and then get him at my leisure.

Crate EL-10G
Last edited by satanicgurrl at May 3, 2011,
Funny, I was just reading about this earlier. Prison seems to a lovely place, don't you think?
Quote by Highway60Bob
i've always been looking for a good excuse to **** my mom.
Quote by satanicgurrl
its simple, tiny little asian murdered my brother. Turned himself in before I could get him on the street. Couldnt get him in the courthouse. So I figured Id get him in prison. been trying to figure out how to break into a prison for a few weeks now. It just now dawned on me that I could simply be a guard, and then get him at my leisure.

Come again
Quote by satanicgurrl

ahh.....

m'kay.

*backs out of thread slowly*
Quote by satanicgurrl

O_O

What?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
I think you'll fit right in as a prison guard.

Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by teachmeviolence
Funny, I was just reading about this earlier. Prison seems to a lovely place, don't you think?

"I was sighting on the guard tower opposite the custody unit. They lay this guy out on one of the cell doors. One of the prisoners then took a blowtorch and began cutting this guy apart. He was screaming all the time until they put the torch through his head."

o_0

Good luck TS!
Quote by satanicgurrl

Cool Story bro.
Quote by satanicgurrl

Good luck with it.

Though imo I'd wait for him to get out,
but if he is in for murder i'd assume it will be a long time before that sooooo,
yeah.

I gotz no ideas.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by Deadlock Riff
Good luck with it.

Though imo I'd wait for him to get out,
but if he is in for murder i'd assume it will be a long time before that sooooo,
yeah.

I gotz no ideas.

Lol@ giving a serious response.
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Ibanez Tone Blaster 150w head
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
Random ass EQ thing that's not even a real bass amp