Hello I am back with more noob questions=)
I have only been playing the guitar for a little over 5 months and I think that the jackson king V was probably a waste for a noob like me. But since i got it for a good price I went for it.
I always heard people saying that when you start playing the guitar you develop calluses on your right hand for pressing down on the chords. So far I have zero pain in my finger tips from playing this guitar Is it because it's in B tune and the strings are a little loose compared to regular tuning?
I also notice that with this guitar, compared to my old one, for some reason I am able to hit chords a lot easier without touching the ones that I am not supposed to.
I am thinking maybe I should by a really cheap guitar to keep practicing on and not have it tuned in drop B?
What sort of King V is it?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
So it's got a floyd rose on it?

Is it set up with the Drop B tuning from the factory?

Can't you set up the guitar so it can be used for standard tuning?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Yes it has the Floys Rose and it' set up in B tuning.
I will go to my local shop and let them set it up in regular tuning. I guess the B tuning is why my finger tips are not hurting correct?
This sounds like you have the wrong string guage. They should feel like standard tuning; so my advice is to get strings that are suited for Drop B tuning.

I don't know what these guages would be though :/
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
If you've been playing for over 5 moths it seems to me you should already have calluses. I started shedding skin after a month.
REGGIE
No, you're just use to playing now. It doesn't take that long to build up calluses. You can do it in like a week, two max.
The thing is that I have been playing on this guitar pretty much since I started. And if I try and grab my old classic guitar it murders my finger tips to the point I have to let go for a few seconds =)
For some reason this guitar it's not doing anything to my finger tips. I can play it for hours and press all kinds of chords and nothing , absolutely zero pain on my finger tips.
The guitar is stock nothing was changed on it. The string are the correct strings for B tuning. The only thing I can think of is since it is in B tuning and the chords are much looser then standard tuning they take little pressure to press on them and they are not working my fingers.
I have zero calluses on my left hand they are soft like butter the finger tips =/
Last edited by maurier at May 3, 2011,
It sounds like tuning and string gauge, I used to have one of my guitars in Drop C and the other is Standard or Eb, and I used 9's, I would go from playing my Drop C (at the time) to Standard and my fingers would get sore after playing awhile, as my hand had to readjust the to amount of pressure needed.
Quote by theogonia777
Lefthandedkid is super awesome, ja?

Quote by rgrockr
I guess fire extinguishers have to be filled with something other than fire retardant now, because apparently that's offensive.

Watch my stream?