Hey UG.
I was looking for an Acoustic/Electric with a cutaway, so i thought about buying the "Washburn WD10SCE" because it has a fair price.
Then i wrote an e-mail to the store, where i was supposed to buy it and he said that he wouldn't recommend that guitar.
So, now i'd like to hear your opinions on some other acoustic/electrics that will grant me some higher quality. My budget is around 400 Euros at a max. (600 $)
I'm not going to spend more money on the acoustic guitar, because i'd rather then save some money and upgrade my electric guitar.

They recommended the "Yamaha FXx720SCA" and if will get me some awesome quality, i am willing to spend those extra cash. Anyone have some experience with this?

Please bring me some suggestions!

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by KrisHQ at May 3, 2011,
Quote by KrisHQ

Then i wrote an e-mail to the store, where i was supposed to buy it and he said that he wouldn't recommend that guitar.

What is this magical place? Next thing you'll say he didn't try to cover you in spiders!
REGGIE
i'd also recommend the 720. is it awesome? no, but you're not spending money for an awesome guitar. it IS a good guitar with good build quality and finish, and sounding better than the run of solid top laminate back and sides guitars. it's a guitar i often recommend after years of playing and comparing lower end guitars - the tone has clarity that many lack, and it doesn't have the boxy or cardboardy tone some brands deliver in a similar price range.

you might also consider seagull, blueridge and recording king if they're available where you're looking.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
For an acoustic, ANY acoustic, I advice seek out the acoustic guitar stores in the vicinity, and that you take that € 400,- to the shop and tell them that you're willing to spend this much and not a cent more. Listen, compare, and go to another shop. If you play enough guitars you will hear some intruments, even two of the same brand and model, will sound differently.

Some will, which I like to call, "suck tone". As they will somehow not let the sound get truly out of the guitar, if you listen well enough you can hear it somehow limiting and not completely "unfolding" or "opening up" to what you do.

I cannot press this enough, this buying of instruments over the internet does not work for acoustics. Even electric guitars have proven to be different in this respect, and all it takes is a few days off your time to travel. That can't possibly be too much to ask for € 400,- which is still a lot of money where I come from.

As for an example, I own a € 1200,- classical guitar. It is handmade by a hobbyist where it's generally understood that handmade guitars don't come under the € 3000,- mark. The sound is phenomenal, and I saved myself 2k by spending 3 days and near to nothing on travel expenses.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Quote by LeakyFlask
What is this magical place? Next thing you'll say he didn't try to cover you in spiders!

It's the closest shop near me and the biggest in Denmark, its called 4sound.

Fretboardtoash:
I wasn't going to buy it over the internet, but before coming into the shop i would like to have some guitars in mind. Ofc. i am going to try the guitar before playing when i have the chance, though coming there with 400 Euros saying: I want an acoustic! Well yeah, i don't know what kind of guitars they would suggest me.
I know that Taylor makes some very nice guitars, but unfortunately they're too expensive.
Understandable, but exactly my point. Already having something in mind influences you, I see this especially with people wanting to buy electrics, they've already picked and searched so much they can practically dream what guitar to buy, and won't even bother to open their ears. In my experience it's best to indeed walk in there and shout at them what you want, and especially not to know what you're given. Because else you will be influenced whether you like it or not.

Another amusing thing to try, just to test yourself. Is walk into a store, tell them you want a guitar and don't care how much it costs, that you don't want to know the price and that you want to try several. There are two possibilities, either they're assholes and you're not taken seriously. Or they give you what you need and you can find out whether your ears are better than the pricetags they put on those instruments. Either way nothing's lost.

And believe me when I say I can hear the difference between a €800,- and a €1000,- guitar. And I think that when you can hear those things as well, you can actually pick a guitar that suits you. Of course, there is no harm in telling them your budget-limit, so you won't end up hearing a beautiful instrument you'll know you can't afford, which can make your own instrument always feel bleak in comparison for a long time. That's no way to play. However, doing things like this will let you find out where you're standing when it comes to hearing, and that's something very good to know about yourself.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Last edited by FretboardToAsh at May 3, 2011,
Actually i meant that exactly that probably would be risky. Because some guitarshops also recommend the Spider for beginners
I'd rather have some understanding for a couple of guitars, and then i'll sort them after i've tried them