OK, so i got a guitar with a floyd rose and whenever I try to drop it a whole stop down, or to drop C it just won't stay in tune. What can i do to fix this? I really need to be able to play in dropped tuning because that is what my band plays all of our material in.
take it to a guitar tech and get it set up to play in those tunings.
take it to a pro. i had that problem a wile ago and you have to get the springs on the fr adjusted. i triend to do it myslef and it didnt work out to well.
Fender Telecaster
Squier Jazzmaster
Fender Deluxe Stratocaster
Hagstrom F-301
Epiphone Dot

Big Muff Pi
Small Clone
MXR Phase 90
Dunlop CFH
Crate V33H>Bugera2x12

Bunderthird (Alt Rock)
www.facebook.com/bunderthird
also evh used a d-tuna to drop down to d without doing too much extra adjusting. but def. go to a tech they will be able to help you and school you on the intricate ways of a floyd setup. don't mess with a floyd if you don't know what you are doing you could mess it up. refer to PsiGuy!
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
I live in a very rural area. there are no guitar shops closer than 2 hours from here so I'd really prefer to do it myself. From what I can gather, if I turn down to drop C, open the back of it and adjust the screws to make the bridge level I should be good right?
Quote by Hunterlevi
I live in a very rural area. there are no guitar shops closer than 2 hours from here so I'd really prefer to do it myself. From what I can gather, if I turn down to drop C, open the back of it and adjust the screws to make the bridge level I should be good right?

Yes thats correct. If the bridge keeps coming up you need to tighten the screws but if it sinks down you have to loosen them. Also make sure you tighten the screws at the same rate. If you turn one screw a half turn, turn the other the same. When you get the bridge to where you want it, tune the guitar and then you might have to mess with the bridge again but continue this proccess until its right.
My Gear:
-Schecter Omen w/ emg's
-Ibanez xpt700 Xiphos
-Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
-Raven 100w

Don’t take life too seriously, you won’t get out alive.
Quote by kmcharger21
Yes thats correct. If the bridge keeps coming up you need to tighten the screws but if it sinks down you have to loosen them. Also make sure you tighten the screws at the same rate. If you turn one screw a half turn, turn the other the same. When you get the bridge to where you want it, tune the guitar and then you might have to mess with the bridge again but continue this proccess until its right.

OK thats the exact advise I needed. Thanks for the help. Don't seem to hard really, but didn't wanna mess up my guitar, like the intonation or anything. If I do ruin it i'll have to make the trip I guess lol. Thanks again