Hi,

there's a gig coming up in 2 days and I have to give our pianist the sheet music, but I've got a problem, I've got it in guitar pro but it's notated in bass clef. How can I get the piano sheets notated in both bass and treble clef ?

Many thanks !
Steven
You might have more luck in the Guitar Gear & Accessories forum, mate.

Have you turned the fog machine on?
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
If it's in the bass clef, it should be in the bass clef. The pianist should be able to read it anyway. Just ask him to move it up an octave if it's too low.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark
If it's in the bass clef, it should be in the bass clef. The pianist should be able to read it anyway. Just ask him to move it up an octave if it's too low.

that's right. if he can't read bass clef just go into guitar pro and transpose it so it's higher and goes into treble clef.
You should've written the left hand and right hand parts on two different tracks. And then the clef Guitar Pro gives will depend on the tuning you select. Also keep in mind, the sheet music on guitar pro puts everything an octave higher than it really is.
he can read very well but it's notated rediculously high in certain parts, it should be noted in 2 clefs.
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
You should've written the left hand and right hand parts on two different tracks. And then the clef Guitar Pro gives will depend on the tuning you select. Also keep in mind, the sheet music on guitar pro puts everything an octave higher than it really is.

can I still do this now that it's notated ?
Quote by The red Strat.
can I still do this now that it's notated ?

Are you in Guitar Pro 5 or 6? I assumed you were in 5, in which case neither the notation or tab form ever goes away. And in 6 I'm pretty sure you can only use notation on piano, so I'm not sure of any easy ways to help.

EDIT: Also, if you're in Guitar Pro 6, disregard what I said about Guitar Pro writing it an octave higher. I don't know if this is still true outside of guitar instruments in 6.
Last edited by Macabre_Turtle at May 3, 2011,
You might try downloading a program called notion and seeing if that help. It would only be the demo version but it is made for writing sheet music for Symphony Orchestras so it is correct.
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
Are you in Guitar Pro 5 or 6? I assumed you were in 5, in which case neither the notation or tab form ever goes away. And in 6 I'm pretty sure you can only use notation on piano, so I'm not sure of any easy ways to help.

EDIT: Also, if you're in Guitar Pro 6, disregard what I said about Guitar Pro writing it an octave higher. I don't know if this is still true outside of guitar instruments in 6.

what do you mean ?

Can i just transpose the track into treble clef ?
Quote by The red Strat.
what do you mean ?

If you have two lines (treble and bass) written on one clef then i'm pretty sure you'll have to separate the tracks manually (get a pianist to help with this), there's no button that will do it for you. Bassically, identify which notes belong in the right hand then write these on a separate treble clef and delete them from the bass clef.
Quote by The red Strat.
what do you mean ?

I'm not sure you understand what treble and bass clefs are. Theyre not completely different things that you have to transpose between. Rather, once you go to middle c on a treble clef, you have to start using "ledger lines" to indicate how low the note actually is. If it gets too low, It can become confusing to read. The bass clef is just a way of extending the range, making it easy to read notes without ledger lines. It's just something you put below the treble clef to add range.

Check it out:

Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by Macabre_Turtle

This. This SO HARD.