There are a few series of Edwards LP Guitars. However I dont know if its worth it, to pay the extra bucks for a higher model, because I think they are all the same with EXCEPTION to the finish of the guitar.

The only information I got, was from an Edwards dealer.

His message:
"I am the ESP Authorized dealer.
The Body material is the same all model.
But ESP select right weight body for LP130.
Regarding finished, ELP92 is all poly(not lacquer, Nitro),ELP98 has last coat is lacquer, (Nitro), ELP130 has all lacquer(Nitro),and ELP92 PU is the same as ELP98,but ELP130 is useing Duncan Antiquity and CTS pot x4."

^^^^^^^^^Can anyone confirm what he emailed me?^^^^^^^^^

Does the Finish really make a difference other that the appearance of the guitar itself??

E-LP-92

E-LP-98

E-LP-130

Anyone have any other imput on these Les Pauls?
yeah i think that sounds about right (though I'm not sure about the wood weight, or the relic one being all nitro).

i wonder does the relic have a solid figured maple top (as opposed to a figured veneer over plain maple on the other models)? Not certain, though.

And the relic has antiquities which are different pickups.

But yeah, what the dealer told you sounds about right, i think (I have an lp98)

EDIT: just so you know, edwards aren't 100% MIJ.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah I know some are manufactured in China, but inspected in Japan?? Something like that.... but i dont think its worth and extra 4-500 bucks for the finish only...
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah i think that sounds about right (though I'm not sure about the wood weight, or the relic one being all nitro).

i wonder does the relic have a solid figured maple top (as opposed to a figured veneer over plain maple on the other models)? Not certain, though.

And the relic has antiquities which are different pickups.

But yeah, what the dealer told you sounds about right, i think (I have an lp98)

EDIT: just so you know, edwards aren't 100% MIJ.

How do you like your LP98? Comparable to a gibson studio or Standard?
yeah, i think they're started out in china and finished off in japan... not sure how much is done in china and how much in japan, though. There was a big thread on it on the les paul forum, i think.

Regarding my lp98... it's hard to say. It's a while since I've tried any gibsons... certainly the QC is better than on a lot of the gibsons I've tried, I bought mine online, and there's nothing really wrong with it.

I'd take mine over a non-custom shop gibson, but then I got mine when the yen was a lot weaker- I paid around £400-£500 for mine, whereas a Gibson studio here is like £800 and a standard £1500. The big difference in price obviously colours things a lot, lol.

Also when I got mine I thought it was 100% MIJ.

Perhaps it is missing a little of the mojo that the japanese ones have, it's possibly a little sterile/clinical- that might be purely psychological, but at the same time I thought that when I thought it was 100% MIJ, so...

If I were to do it again (at today's prices) i'd probably get a tokai ls80 or 85 as they are 100% mij and at current UK prices are a bit cheaper than edwardses.

EDIT: don't get me wrong, not being 100% MIJ doesn't make it a bad guitar or anything. Just I'd have liked to have known before I bought it, lol.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at May 3, 2011,
Nitro is kind of a pain to deal with, as a finish. It's easy to stain/damage, you have to make sure to use high quality stands/cases or you can get discoloration.

On the upside, nitro finish lets the wood in your guitar have more of an affect on tone than a guitar with poly finish would. That could be good, bad or not really matter depending on what you play, and what you play through.

It also has a certain feel to it, which you may like more or less.

Oh, it will also let your guitar naturally age, like all the old guitars did. Poly on the other hand is more or less indestructible
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
^ bear in mind that the top coat is only nitro on the 98- that gives you the feel and look of nitro, but still with a (basically) poly finish. it probably won't age the same way as a full nitro coat.

Oh and i just buy cheapo cotton hankies and stick them all over my music stands
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?