Hello all. I'm currently on the hunt for a backup guitar next year (I'm moving to a more college-y area next year and would have to destroy the universe if my current guitar got stolen, so that one's getting stashed back home) and came across a used Agile AD-2300 (http://www.rondomusic.com/ad2300natwide.html).

Obviously, I've heard talk of the AL-2000 through 3100 being the second coming of christ on a velociraptor with caramel on top, but I hadn't heard anything about the AD series. Does anyone have one of these/know anything about them? I'm not looking to spend a whole lot over 200 since this is supposed to be a guitar that I could theoretically handle being stolen/damaged with a minimum of emotional pain.

Thanks y'all,
~ C
Last edited by Cajanek at May 3, 2011,
They're good, certainly quite nice for the money. However, the "second coming of Christ..." thing really isn't true for any agile's. They're great for the money, but they aren't great guitars.

certainly, as a backup to a nice guitar, the AD-2300 could do a very nice job. As long as you don't expect it to feel or sound as good as your nice guitar, you probably wont be dissapointed
Quote by krehzeekid
They're good, certainly quite nice for the money. However, the "second coming of Christ..." thing really isn't true for any agile's. They're great for the money, but they aren't great guitars.

certainly, as a backup to a nice guitar, the AD-2300 could do a very nice job. As long as you don't expect it to feel or sound as good as your nice guitar, you probably wont be dissapointed

Heh yeah I didn't have my expectations much higher than that, but the way I figure I don't think I could do much better without breaking 200.

My main concern is that the AL series is the only one I've heard lots good things about - had no idea the AD series even existed. I guess I don't see why the quality would be any lower though.
I just picked one up 2 months ago. $150.00 used cdn. I bought it to repalce my other p90 guitar which was a vintage vr100lm single cut. I grabbed this one because the fret access is a lot better on the Agile being a double cut. Sound is pretty close to the Vintage which was a $400.00 brand new purchase.
I actually like it alot. It can handle most hard rock tones (think Acdc cream and the like) until you start to push the distortion to the max, then it breaks up a little and gets fuzzy (excellent if you play Grunge) which is true of most p90s anyway.
As a back up, I say go for it as long as the price is right. Just don't expect to get Steve Vai tones out of it.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Quote by GOLDIE93
I just picked one up 2 months ago. $150.00 used cdn. I bought it to repalce my other p90 guitar which was a vintage vr100lm single cut. I grabbed this one because the fret access is a lot better on the Agile being a double cut. Sound is pretty close to the Vintage which was a $400.00 brand new purchase.
I actually like it alot. It can handle most hard rock tones (think Acdc cream and the like) until you start to push the distortion to the max, then it breaks up a little and gets fuzzy (excellent if you play Grunge) which is true of most p90s anyway.
As a back up, I say go for it as long as the price is right. Just don't expect to get Steve Vai tones out of it.

I usually don't stray too far from blues except for some more traditional rock (Black Keys/ some more classic stuff and the like) so that sounds about right. Thanks for the tip!
As far as I know, the praise is specifically for ALs because that's what most people buy. But people seem to recommend Agiles in general, not just their LP copies specifically. I wouldn't be worried that they're suddenly terrible (versus a similar AL). However, I haven't bought one and can't really back any of this up.
Picked her up today for 200 barely used - plastic still on the pickgaurd and everything.

Might be the honeymoon phase talking but god damn was this a good choice. Wipes the floor with all the other 200 dollar guitars I played, that's for sure. Only downside I can think of is that the weight is distributed a little funny, in that it's kind of a neck heavy guitar, but that really doesn't make too much of a difference to me. If I had a camera I would show it off, but this'll do for a NGD for the time being.
I hear my train a comin'.
---------------------------------
Fender MIM Stratocaster + Fender 57/62 single coils
Agile AD-2300
Fender Blues Junior + MXR Custom '78 distortion
There is a slight neck dive to them, not as bad as some other guitars, but if you use a strap that has a rough underside to it, it will stick to your shirt enough to stop that.

Enjoy.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09