ok so i have a fender mustang 1 amp that came with ableton live 8 recording software and i was wondering how come when i record the sound coming out of my computer is delayed is there any way to get rid of this?
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
60's J bass copy (trying to sell or trade)
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

"We make music for hipster strippers" Dan Auerbach
Quote by FireHawk
buy an audio interface such as a M-Audio FastTrak or Line 6 Pod UX2

how expensive are they?
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

The delay is called latency. It's a bitch.

I agree with the others, it's interface time. I've owned a couple in my time, and have generally found the firewire ones to work better than the USB, but that could also just be the quality of the units themselves.

My favourite so far is the Presonus Firestudio; 8 preamps for input, individual output for each, and of course the ability to record 8 tracks simultaneously, so you can just about record an entire band at once, including drum kit, if you wanted to...
ok im like a beginner with this kind of stuff im connecting my amp to my hp laptop with an aux cable into ableton live 8 just tell me where to go from there
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

Quote by fmonzo27
ok im like a beginner with this kind of stuff im connecting my amp to my hp laptop with an aux cable into ableton live 8 just tell me where to go from there

I would get the Mobile version of this to start if it's only guitar. Though, you can find cheaper ones that are USB. Ableton has a latency adjuster in preferences > audio, which you have to slide to about maybe 1-3ms. Don't put it at 0 unless you enjoy crashing your computer. Also, it helps if you are only listening to the input.
Doesn't the Mustang have USB? You should be able to use it like that. Check the manual.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite