The solid state tube thing is not a new idea. The first Mesa/Boogie Mark II models used something called a Fetron in the V1 position. It was a plug-in replacement for a 12AX7, all solid state. It wasn't well received, but I understand it's awesome in bass amps. I heard a while back about Roberts, but last I heard they'd run out of R&D money. Glad to hear they're back to work.
that is the worst demo guys ive ever seen. jesus. i mean the guy playing not talking.
Yeah from what i've seen online jet city doug is a nice guy but i have no idea what he was thinking getting that guy demoing the stuff lol!
Why would they demo a new amp with a new kind of (solid state) tube? That's a terrible idea. Can't get an idea of what either sounds like normally.
I'm just glad they mentioned RATT lolololololol
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Meh.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
they sound like a cool idea. even if they don't sound quite as good as tubes, they would be great as backups. according to the video, they have a lifetime warranty, they don't get old and burn out like tubes, they don't get hot, and they work with actual tubes. So you blow a preamp tube at a gig/accidentally break one, just pop one of those guys in there and get back to playing.
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Will it actually come stock with those silly valves? Are they even called valves any more?

The sound was very good, if you can get past the out of tune guitar and poor playing. I wonder what possessed them to hire/request a guitarist like that to play their amps. It just doesn't make any sense. It's like asking Alexander Dumble to test an MG...

"Hmmmm... I'm not noticing enough crystal lattice content in this amp"

I'm still super stocked about this thing even though I already have the SLO lead circuit.
I don't think the amp will have those things. They are just going to sell them on the jet city site

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Yeah... as far as this new innovation goes i dont think its going to catch on ever...

people buy valve amps for well.. valves.
Quote by InanezGuitars44
I don't think the amp will have those things. They are just going to sell them on the jet city site

Here's the link to the JCA22H on their website

http://www.jetcityamplification.com/2011/02/16/jca22h/

This looks pretty cool. I'll have to decide if I can justify getting one or not.
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
It's interesting but I don't think I'd ever really pay it any mind unless they were able to start doing power tubes. Preamp tubes already last a really long time and within reason are durable enough. Just doesn't seem to be all that terribly beneficial to me. I already keep a handful of spare preamp tubes around just for when I feel like swapping them around and experimenting with my amp.
Quote by MortifiedLizard
recently I turned it into an Esquire that impregnates unsuspecting people with my children whenever I play it.

Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.
Sooooo
UK release date
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals