like upgrade it switch parts out or anything its a fender mustang one and its ok it does it's job but i want more out of it
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
60's J bass copy (trying to sell or trade)
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

"We make music for hipster strippers" Dan Auerbach
Plug a drum machine into the aux in and you'll be surprised how much better your playing sounds.
No offense, but that amp isn't really worth saving, besides that you can't just swap out amp parts like you can for a guitar.

I would suggest upgrading to a new amp. Line 6 has the spider series which is probably the best practice amp on the market and doesn't sound half bad. Also the Roland Cube 15 or Cude 30 are worth a look. And if you want something more simple, you can't go wrong with a Marshall MG30DFX or something similar.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
stonyman65 is right. Better go to a new amp with better features and sounds as well as power. What is your price range to fix up the amp and possibility range for an amp?
Quote by stonyman65
No offense, but that amp isn't really worth saving, besides that you can't just swap out amp parts like you can for a guitar.

I would suggest upgrading to a new amp. Line 6 has the spider series which is probably the best practice amp on the market and doesn't sound half bad. Also the Roland Cube 15 or Cude 30 are worth a look. And if you want something more simple, you can't go wrong with a Marshall MG30DFX or something similar.

i'll thing you'll find you can go wrong with a marshall mg....
Quote by stonyman65

i know its a pretty bad amp but i just dont feel like getting a new one right now but i already know im either getting a vox ac15 or ac30
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

Quote by stonyman65

Troll.

Quote by fmonzo27
i know its a pretty bad amp but i just dont feel like getting a new one right now but i already know im either getting a vox ac15 or ac30

Who told you the Mustang is bad? It's easily one of the best clean/low gain modellers available. Use your ears.

Keep that amp as a practice amp, save up for your Vox.
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at May 3, 2011,
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Troll.

Who told you the Mustang is bad? It's easily one of the best clean/low gain modellers available. Use your ears.

no one told me it was bad the side by side with the vox spoke loud and clear haha
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

ITT: people try to find new ways to say "what you really need is a new amp."
You could try a speaker replacement, that can have a surprisingly large effect on the sound, and you can find a decent speaker for around $100

Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Bored? read these, or this
Quote by fmonzo27
no one told me it was bad the side by side with the vox spoke loud and clear haha

A low end SS modeller will never sound as good as a high end tube amp.
But try comparing the Mustang to your spider.
You'll end up making love to it.
As for the MG.....I have one.
I gave up trying to use it's pre amp. I bypass it completely by going RP500>Line in.
It's that bad. Avoid.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Troll.

I'm serious dude, compared to what he has now those amps would be an upgrade.
if you are just starting, you don't need a $1,000 tube amp, you need something to help you along until you have a reason to get the $1,000 tube amp.

and the Vox AC30 is awesome.

and to the person that said you can swap out part with amps, yes, you can swap out tubes (if you are using a tube amp) or speakers, but rewiring speakers is a lot of work, not to mention expensive. and the Musrang 1 is solid state.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by stonyman65

Not sure if serious?

It must be a horrible amp then because the only thing that sounds worse thana spider is your parents having sex when your trying to sleep
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Last edited by RetroGunslinger at May 3, 2011,
Quote by beatreebor
i'll thing you'll find you can go wrong with a marshall mg....

I used to have a MG15, it wasn't that bad...

Once again, you can't compare a low end practice amp to a mid range practice amp or a high end tune amp.

I would say that all things considered, the MG series and Spider series are right in the middle of the mid range practice amp category. I'm not saying they are good, but thinking about the price and what they where designed to do, they are hard to beat.

I'm not being a troll, or an asshole, I'm just trying to give this dude some honest, realistic advice. No elitism or any of that bullshit here.
Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by mesopatamius
ITT: people try to find new ways to say "what you really need is a new amp."
You could try a speaker replacement, that can have a surprisingly large effect on the sound, and you can find a decent speaker for around $100

thats the thing though, getting a new speaker would actually cost more than it did when he bought the amp new.
Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by Cathbard
ok guys its not like im totally in the dark about every thing i just dont know anything about upgrading stuff but i do know about gear like when i got the amp it was just so i could get reverb distortion fuzz and tremolo without having to buy a bunch of pedals but yea im feeling an ac30 or bugera v22
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

Quote by stonyman65
I would say that all things considered, the MG series and Spider series are right in the middle of the mid range practice amp category. I'm not saying they are good, but thinking about the price and what they where designed to do, they are hard to beat.

I'm not being a troll, or an asshole, I'm just trying to give this dude some honest, realistic advice. No elitism or any of that bullshit here.
I don't think you are a troll, just not really knowledgeable. The Vox and Spider that that you speak of are in the same category as the Mustang. The Mustang is regarded as a better amp than it's Spider counterpart. So your advice is not good.

The OP is comparing a Vox AC15 against a Mustang I. I'm not surprised that he's seeing a big difference. And it's comparing apples and oranges. If he compared the higher model Mustang against the Vox AC15 then he might find some reasonable tradeoffs. The Mustang isn't going to give you Vox tones as good as the Vox, but the Mustang can do other things and a higher model with a bigger speaker will sound better. But if the Vox AC15 tone is what you want then that's what you will have to get.
since no one asked i will. what do you find lacking in your amp? it may be as simple as a differnt EQ setting etc to make things sound better. how much time have you spent going over your settings with this amp? answers may yield more useful info for you
You can't really switch out parts in a solid state amp.

You're amps gonna sound as good as it's ever gonna.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by monwobobbo
since no one asked i will. what do you find lacking in your amp? it may be as simple as a differnt EQ setting etc to make things sound better. how much time have you spent going over your settings with this amp? answers may yield more useful info for you

clarity for higher volume and gain settings it gets muddy and unbearable
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

Quote by fmonzo27
clarity for higher volume and gain settings it gets muddy and unbearable

Solid states tend to get really harsh sounding at high volumes.

The MG and Spider series are generally regarded as the worst practice amps. And for good reason. They're much too overpriced and you get can much better for the money you spend on one.

Like what's already been said, you can't really swap out parts in a solid state amp, except the speaker.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Just save your money for the vox, no point wasting money on speaker upgrades, etc
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]