Anybody else know about this music site? If not check it out. I'm spreading the word because it's local to me, and an incredible place to find new bands (mostly indie) and download loads of free music totally legal. All bands that have sessions stop by while touring, and record a few songs in their studio, so their are no copyright issues, and the versions are completely unique. Plus there are some great covers; Grace Potter covering the Rolling stones, Thrice doing Tom waits, Deer Tick rocking Springsteen, ect.

A few recent sessionist:

The Get Up Kids
Hayes Carll
The Delta Spirit
Dawes
Rooney
The Low Anthem
Social Distortion
Iron & Wine
Ryan Bingham

Anyway check it out, and discuss your favorite Daytrotter artist, or sessions here.
QC represent.

My favorite five sessions:

William Elliott Whitmore
Nathaniel Rateliff
Deer Tick
Dawes
Justin Townes Earle

I have to say Thrice's Waits cover has to be my favorite cover, though Whitmore does a killer cover of Bad Religion's Don't Prey on Me, on a banjo.
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
My favorites are both of Margot & the Nuclear So and So's ones. Pomegranates and MGMT also have pretty good ones.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
MGMT has an EP they released that was a Daytrotter session. 'tis rather good.
Man, it's been way too long since i visited Daytrotter.

So many good live tracks from so many bands i like.
Last edited by Mack56 at May 5, 2011,
Quote by lushacrous
My favorites are both of Margot & the Nuclear So and So's ones. Pomegranates and MGMT also have pretty good ones.

Just downloaded all of that today, well one of each anyway. Not sure if it's really my style, but I'll continue to chew on it awhile, before deciding whether to spit or swallow.

I also just downloaded Iron & Wine. Wow.
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."