I really like this. It is right up my street, sounds a lot like Homegrown. The vocals are great, the melody guitar lines are awesome and the drums follow the music. The outro was freakin' great, I loved it.

I listened to your other stuff and I love it! Is it just you or a band? If you have a band, I would definitely get your album! Definitely stuff I'd love to listen to.

Of course I have to criticise something, so the only thing I can really criticise is that the timing was off in some places, but I don't know if that was intentional or not.

Seriously dude, really great stuff, I wish I could write stuff like this.

EDIT: Do you listen to the Descendents? You sound JUST like them!
Quote by BladeSlinger
Oh God I lol'ed

Quote by Ēzio

Would you like to see my Soundcloud?
I love Padgea7x
Last edited by Hakoon1 at May 3, 2011,
Quote by Hakoon1
I really like this. It is right up my street, sounds a lot like Homegrown. The vocals are great, the melody guitar lines are awesome and the drums follow the music. The outro was freakin' great, I loved it.

I listened to your other stuff and I love it! Is it just you or a band? If you have a band, I would definitely get your album! Definitely stuff I'd love to listen to.

Of course I have to criticise something, so the only thing I can really criticise is that the timing was off in some places, but I don't know if that was intentional or not.

Seriously dude, really great stuff, I wish I could write stuff like this.

EDIT: Do you listen to the Descendents? You sound JUST like them!

so to answer all of your questions

on this recording it's only me, but I do have people that I play with some times, though I haven't seen them for awhile since half the band kinda left for college lol

and I had never actually listened to the descendents or homegrown but I just checked them out on youtube and they sounded great so I'll take the comparisons as a huge compliment, thanks =]
VforF,
Thanks for the reviews! "Moving On": playing isn't super tight, but this is not unusual for a punk-type of song. The song itself is very good! Singing is good; all melodies and audio quality are also good (not easy to record real drums). Overall, this is probably my favorite recording by you.
This is good for a demo... Some of the drumming is awkward and out of sync with the guitars, but that's to be expected. I can't really hear/feel the bass drum (Or the bass guitar for that matter), the guitar tone is fine for a demo... Oh, hot damn, those drums are... Killing you. I think you need to hurt someone.

Its a well-constructed tune... But those drums are god-awful. I'm sorry if I'm being a dick, but its big. If you fix those drums, and tighten the timing, it should be a great tune. Tell me if/when you get it properly recorded so I can listen in, I'd love to hear it as a proper song.

It probably isn't your thing... It probably isn't really anyone's thing at all, but here's my song, The Amazing Perpetual Motion Machine:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=27102756#post27102756
i think overall it is good, but some of the timing seems to be off in various parts
http://richmusic.dmusic.com

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."
hey its a very good song,nice and simple and absolutely punk
at certain parts,the timing is not accurate,and it's quite obvious too..so better work on it.

do crit and rate my stuff if you care,go to my profile !
Sounds nice man, especially for demos. As other ppl have already said, there's a bit of tidying up to be done with the tightness but with practice and as you record more, it'll become easier. As for the mix, everything get's a little too blurred in the lower frequency ranges, I'd say try to make it all a bit brighter if you can? Keep it up!
This is very good. The sounds are a bit messy and the timing is a bit off here and there.
But it's still great!

I agree with hellz - If you get some higher notes in there, and maybe a tiny bit less distortion it could be very good. The guitars are quite blurry at places

Still, the recording was quite good quality compared to a lot of other things.

Good job!

If you have the time, please check out this song:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1439745