I'm looking for an amp with good cleans and enought gain to play Hard Rock/Metal. I live in Italy if that can help and my budget is around 500€. I tried the Blackstar HT20 and find it really nice, but I wanna try more amps and I wanted some suggestions. I use an ibanez s470b
Just an amp head? Look at the Jet City JCA50H. Combo? Peavey Vypyr 60-watt 1x12.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I'm looking for a valve combo amp, I've tried the blackstar ht-20, as I've already said, but I think that a 20watt couldn't be powerful enough to play on stage so I searched in the web and found an ht-40 and a bugera 333-212 (120w) that could be good for me but I'm not sure at all...what about these two amps?anything like these?
What specific sounds are you going for? Can you list bands?
New/used?

And you can gig with 20 watt amps. But, depending on the amp, you may not have much clean headroom.

I'd look into the Jet City 50 watt combo, or the soon to be released 2 channel 20 watt combo. A valveking could also work for what you want.

And honestly, although they can get some pretty good tones, I'd be hesitant to buy a bugera for gigging. They've had a lot of reliability problems in the past.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
You could go for the peavey 6505+…but the cleans are ok, nothing special. The bugera's good, but it may not be as reliable as other amps. The valveking, IMO, is not particularly great. The blackstar would be fine, and you can always mic up on stage. Besides, when I began playing I was using a fender frontman 15 watt piece of crap.
Quote by Cracked.com
Then they torched an Apple Store and made a PowerPoint about their experiences.
I think your options are either the Bugera 333 212 or the 6262 perhaps or the Blackstar HT40 if you can afford it. Bugera's use to be unreliable in the past but apparently they've fixed them now so you shouldn't need to worry about that. For playing gigs your amp should always be mic'd up so you could probably get away with a 20/30w combo.

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
Quote by monwobobbo
Peavey ValveKing.

This. This amp is incredible for cleans, and it's awesome for hard rock. It's not tight enough for metal on it's own, but an OD and an EQ can fix that right up.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
This. This amp is incredible for cleans, and it's awesome for hard rock. It's not tight enough for metal on it's own, but an OD and an EQ can fix that right up.

Yeah the valveking is pretty good considering you can find them for $200. With a speaker and tube swap it's a decent amp.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
I've heard about bugera's problems and that's the reason why I asked for an opinion,I wanted to know if these voices were true...I know that amps are usually mic'd up but some weeks ago I've played in a place where amps wheren't mic'd up, a rare case but it could happen again...I will go quite heavy playing like judas priest,iron maiden, megadeth...
Quote by Hot Rockin'More
I've heard about bugera's problems and that's the reason why I asked for an opinion,I wanted to know if these voices were true...I know that amps are usually mic'd up but some weeks ago I've played in a place where amps wheren't mic'd up, a rare case but it could happen again...I will go quite heavy playing like judas priest,iron maiden, megadeth...

Well that stuff isn't that heavy as far as metal goes.

I'd look into a Peavey XXX, Peavey Valveking, or a Jet City JCA50H.

EDIT: There's several other amps that would work too. A Peavey 6505+ will work. The cleans may not be good enough for you though, depends on how good you want them to be.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Last edited by Major Sparky at May 4, 2011,